Chapter 3: A name and a chance

'Good morning miss.' I open my eyes and see the maids are back, Cage and Feather have vanished, but the maids seemed prepared. While I protested a lot, I finally got some comfortable pants and a loose shirt I was not to go wear a dress. Once downstairs, I was served breakfast, and everyone was at the table to eat.

'Do you have a name?' I look at the duke, who mentioned it while I was eating a sandwich with jam and gulp it all down.

'They usually called me Demon or Beast...' I said, it grew quiet again and he nods at Kelson, he smiles and so die Carles and Estelle.

'Then I will give you the name Mei Castielo. Do you like it?' He asks, I nod and smile as I take a sip.

'I like it.' I spoke.

'I also understand you have your own sword, but I'll assign a knight to you as a bodyguard. They will protect you no matter what.' I nod.

'Then next up is your debut, seeing as the emperor decided to announce by himself that I have gained another daughter. I heard from the maids you don't like dresses, is this true?' I nod and he looks at Estelle.

'Can you help her choose something nice for her debut then?' She nods happily and that is when I start getting dragged around by Estelle. We end up going to all kinds of stores to buy clothes, shoes and even jewels. She also takes me to restaurants, and we get to eat all we want. It seems the knights were taking shifts and while talking to each I got to know them a bit better too. They were all nice, I also got lessons of Estelle on etiquette and manners, but I also got explained that I should not worry too much about my behavior as Castielo's were held in high regard by society and no one could hurt us. Finally, the day for my debut had come and though Estelle talked me into it, I wore a black dress which was custom designed for me and I even got this funny fan thing. It was all coming along well, and the party had finally begun, I went in together with Estelle as were introduced to the rest of the guests. It seems they expected someone like Estelle, but instead they got another scary Castielo. Most tried to congratulate me, but no one could look me even in the eye, so I eventually ended up alone with Estelle, but she had wonderful stories to tell and decided to just enjoy the scenery.

'Announcing, the royal family and Marquess Laymonde.' I notice Estelle freezing up and I turn to see some old couple walk in, with a man with platinum hair coming in first and then followed by a girl with brown hair and on her arm... a man with brown hair but golden eyes.

'Is that someone you know?' I ask her, she nods, and I smile and lift Estelle's chin.

'I'm here to help, we can go if you want to. I don't really care about this debut anyway.' I said, she smiles sadly and that is when the royal family approaches us. Estelle and I bow, but when I left my head, I see it is the same man from the crystal.

'Hey, you're the guy from the crystal bowl I spoke to last time.' I said, the king laughs a bit but then the queen grabs my hand, surprisingly.

'Well, aren't you just adorable child, I see you take a lot after your sister.' The queen said, she had a creepy smile on her face, and I felt a shiver go down my spine. I pull my hand away and try to smile.

'Yes... well we are twins.' I said, she nods and while she was talking about seeing as a daughter, I kept looking at the man behind her with the platinum hair... he was weird.

'I'm Iris by the way.' The girl behind the Queen came forward and introduced herself, the queen scolded her a bit about proper behavior or something like that.

'It's nice to meet you.' I said,

'And this is Marquess Laymonde he is my escort for tonight.' She said, but I saw her eyes were looking at Estelle and I look at the marquess who made a slight bow and I see his eyes dwell on Estelle as well. Is this one of those weird love drama things I read in books back at the mansion. I then smell something peculiar, the Marquess smelled like the Wolf knights back at the mansion. Was he a former knight?