Chapter 1: A cursed fate

'When will they finally let me die?' I mumble, another day had passed, and I was strung back into chains by the mages of the Magic Tower. Another experiment that had failed and I was put back to gather strength just enough so that they could continue with their filthy attempts. From what I had gathered over the years, it seems my birth father is a man that had asmodian blood in him. It was the reason they had given my birth mother such a large sum of money when she sold me. I know I had a twin sister that she kept, as she did not show the characteristics of a Castielo. I wonder if she is still alive. I guess from the days I had counted, I should be about eighteen-years old now. I look down at the new Illya who had died after ingesting that mixed concoction of my blood. She was puking blood, even an eyeball plopped out this time and I saw her collapse. That is too bad... she is dead. The eyeball rolled my way, and, on a whim, I decide to pick it up and observe it. It had turned red like my eyes, yet it felt strange...

'Another child of Rashad... How peculiar.' I look up and see a dark light escape from the eye and it turned into black rabbit.

'What the hell are you?' I ask calmly, it snickers and bows down to me.

'I am a spirit lord of Darkness; I am what takes those who die a horrible death to the next stage. However, I had never thought to find an elementalist in a place like this and another who has a demon stench on her too.' I look at it and sigh deeply.

'What is an elementalist?' I ask, it snickers.

'Someone who has the potential to use a spirit's power.' It said, I look at it and smirk too.

'Does this mean you can break these chains?' I ask, the spirit shakes its head.

'The are the opposite of my element, but a light spirit could do it... hold on.' It vanishes for a minute, but then returns with a white bunny.

'This is the spirit lord of Light, if you make a contract with her, she can help.' It says,

'Another elementalist?' The light spirit checks me out, it seems surprised to see me here.

'Will you help me?' I ask, it converses for a moment with the black bunny but then turns around and nods.

'I will... but you must make a contract with both of us as this the only way to keep a balance. You seem strong and we would both like to spend time in this world again. Do you agree to these terms?' It asks, I smile and nod.

'Then give us names.' It said, I look at them and nod.

'I will call you Feather and Cage.' They both look at each other and nod, two marks appeared on my hands and it seems our contracts had been formed.

'Will you guys do anything I say?' I ask, Feather looks at me and nods.

'Unlike other spirit lords were a loyal to our master, we will not refuse an order even if you commanded us to destroy the world... we will do it.' They said, I found the example to be a bit extreme, but I nod and look back at the Illya that had died. That was the 213th that had died, it is time to put a stop to their experiments of the mages and help those pour souls.

'Then the first thing I want... is revenge.' I said, Feather and Cage both look at me and nod, Feather breaks my chains and I look at them.

'Can you turn that into a sword?' I ask, I had seen the guards often wear one and I often played with the chains and pretending it was a sword.

'I can.' Feather swallows the chains and spits it out, it had become a blade.

'I'll add my power to it.' Cages add a stone to it, and I can feel its power surge through me, and I notice a black like fog coming off me.