10 | 𝓙𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂

Start from the beginning

I took the sheet and looked it over, it was the homework, I think. There were multiple questions standing on there and they were all solved. He gave me his homework. Why is he giving it to me? 

I didn't know what to say or do, so I glanced at him and, well yeah, I kind of just stared at him, hoping he'd give me a clue me on what to do with it. "You have to give in the homework." He said it as if it were obvious.

What? My incompetent self still didn't understand. Does he want me to give his homework to the teacher for him? That's a bit lazy of him, but I didn't argue. 

I stood up and was about to amble towards Ms. I still don't know her name, but was pulled back steadily by my arm. Grayson blinked at me, not saying anything. I couldn't see if he found this diverting or frustrating.

"Are you not going to write your name on your homework?" he asked me, raising his eyebrows in something that rather looked like enjoyment. Was he laughing at my confused state?

 "This isn't my home... I'm sorry, I really don't know what you mean," I stumbled over my own words, my tone soft and pleading.

"I'm giving you my homework, Love," he stated.
When he called me 'Love', I felt a fluttering feeling inside my stomach and blushed. I cleared my throat and only then had everything he said processed through my brain. 

"Wait, are you giving me your homework?" I asked him incredulously. He made a small yet evident signal with his head, telling me yes. My lips parted slightly and I swear I saw his gaze flicker to my mouth for a split second before returning to my eyes. "But...what about you?" 

He shrugged it off like it was nothing. "She won't get mad at me. Besides, she already despises you," he replied casually. 

Did he just... Yup. Arrogant much. But I didn't doubt him, I've never seen a teacher complain about his divided devotion in class.

"Are you sure?" I asked prudently nevertheless. He hummed in response. I nodded and a smile appeared on my face without me noticing. I walked to the front of the class. I gave in my—his homework. I then returned to my seat and faced him, he wasn't looking at me anymore, but out the window. "Thank you...for that," I told him. 

"My pleasure," he said, still dreamily looking outside. How on earth could a person be so beautiful? I thought to myself. 

"Why did you do it?" I couldn't help but ask, my curiosity was taking over my anxiousness. I just wanted to grasp the fact of why he acted so weirdly yesterday, and today he was unexpectedly caring. 

He didn't answer at first, so I thought he was going to ignore me, but then he spoke up. I was shocked by his reply, to say the least. "I didn't want you getting in trouble," he mumbled. 

His hair looked so soft. "But...why?" I didn't know how I even dared speaking to him. He always scared the flip out of me. 

Again, he didn't reply in a minute of time. He seemed deep in thought, and so I didn't want to bother him again. He already saved my butt today, it's the least I could do. 

"I don't know," he finally responded in a delicate voice. For the first time his tone wasn't husky and rough, it was oddly soothing. 

This was were our conversation came to an end and the teacher started the lesson. I actually payed attention and took notes of what she explained to us this time, not wanting to fall behind. And possibly also for taking my mind off of a certain person that sat next to me.