9

It's Christmas.

The only time I have ever enjoyed my Christmas was the year my mother let me stay at Hogwarts in second year.

She usually gives me basically the same thing.

A dress that is a little too small, and a corset.

I know she is trying to hint for me to lose more weight.

It used to really hurt me.

That would be the reason I skipped half my meals.

It doesn't bother me as much anymore.

Once, in first year, Hermione asked me why I wouldn't eat much.

I told her because I wasn't hungry, but she could always tell when I was lying.

From then on she would tell me to eat more until I didn't bother trying not to.

She still has to remind me on bad days.

Mother comments on my weight every time I'm home.

I don't care much anymore. I know I am at a healthy weight for my height and age.

Sometimes it still hurts though.

I actually am starting to like the corsets my mother gives me.

I like to wear them with a blazer over it and uniform pants. It makes me feel so powerful.

Mother says I look too masculine wearing it like a suit. She won't let me wear it in public, but I'm going to pack it when I go back to school.

...........................................................................

I have been sending letters to Hermione. She said her parents let her stay at Number 12. I have been asking her for updates, but she can't tell me much.

I now realize why Harry was so mad at us for not being able to tell him anything over summer.

...........................................................................

Mother said that tomorrow she had to go to a meeting, and I was coming with her.

There was no use arguing.

The next morning she told me to put on "something nice that doesn't make you look like a whale."

I chose to wear a deep green satin dress with thin straps and a kind of poofy skirt.

Mother said we were going to use a car instead of floo powder.

We arrived to a large manor.

It looked vaguely familiar.

"Mother, have we been here before?"

"I have, but not for many years. You wouldn't have been born since the last time."

We got out of the car and walked towards the entrance.

"The host has a child in your year. I expect he will want you two children to go off and leave the adults to talk. Don't bother us Addilyn."

"Yes Mother."

She knocked on the door, and a man opened the door.

I recognized this man immediately.

Seeing him made me recoil. No seemed to notice.

"Lucius!" My mother said smiling and greeted him.

"Stephanie! It's been too long!"

"It has. I believe you remember my daughter from when your family visited a few years ago. Addilyn?" She motioned to me.