-----

     "Ok we finally got her to pick up the canter without her tossing her head! Great job Lilith! Bring her down to a walk and let her walk it off," Sarah told me. I put my seat in walk and closed my shoulders, she dead dropped... 'Western much' I thought to myself. "Yup that will need some work too I guess" Sarah said while chuckling.

-----

     "Ok I'll just set this vertical to 2' Cherry might be a little pissed at you after all the flat work you have made her do!" Sarah let out a big laugh as I watched and laughed along with her. I squeezed her on to a nice flowty bouncy trot, we did a lap of trot until Sarah asked me to pick up the canter, I let out a deep breath as I hopped after all this flat work we had done had finally payed off.

     I sat down 'Come on girl' I put my let back 'Youve got it' Lifted up inside rein 'No bucks no head toss no bucks no head toss' I squeezed... 'YESSSS!' Cherry did it! We picked it up without any head tosses or bucks!

     "Now that's more like it Lilith!" I cantered a lap then eyed the jump, I turned my shoulders and directed her towards the jump. Cherry's ears had been back the whole time doing flat work, this was the only time I had seen her ears up since I started doing the flat work.

    "Ok easy girl" I said half halting a tad so she didn't mess up the striding, she listened after a little, '3, 2, 1...' I put my leg on and we were soaring, the soaring did last long though because she landed in an instant. "Good girl!!!!!" I said patting the mare on her cherry bay colored neck.

     "Awesome job! Way to keep her under control too, I could tell she was getting a little strong as she was excited. We gotta work on this with her though, she's supposed to be a Hunter not a Jumper huh Cherry Girl." Sarah said as I put my seat in walk and headed towards her. Sarah patted Cherry's neck as Cherry dove into Sarah pushing her back with her head. "Haha, silly girl!" Sarah said patting her head. "Ok go again, do the same exact thing you did if she gets strong, I swear that mare acts like Jumper more than a Hunter huh?"

     "Yeah haha." I walked her away from Sarah then picked up the canter from a walk flawlessly, we did half a lap around the arena in a canter before I lined her up with jump, I could feel her building up beneath me, I half halter just as she was about to get strong, she kept the same nice pace until I started counting, '3, 2, 1' Just as I began to count she got really strong and practically leaving me behind, I had to just let her go and hoped for the best, she took a major long leaving me in the dust, or should I say... In the air... I fell to the sand and grunted, I could her Sarah rushing to get Cherry and asking if I was alright. "Oh yeah I'm fine!" I said with a smile on my face as I got up and dusted my breeches off, then the most annoying voice I ever heard came...

     "Oh hahahahaha you fell!!!! Sarah how many times do I have to tell you?! She's an amateur! Can't even jump! Go back where you came from!!" I looked this blonde girl in the eyes who was walking towards us in the ring, I just rolled my eyes and walked towards Cherry and Sarah.

     "Don't listen to her, she's a brat who thinks she is better than anyone else, don't let her tear you down, not many people could sit that jump, you did the right thing, now hop back up on that horse and go again, you sure you are alright?" Sarah said whispering in my ear when I got to her.

     "Yeah I'm fine!"

     "Here let me give you a leg up." Sarah swung me up onto Cherry's back who was huffing.

      "Omg Sarah don't let that girl get on that horse!"

     "Marissa! This is my lesson!! You couldn't sit that jump! Go back to whatever you were doing before and get out of this arena! Go ahead sweetie." Sarah said directing her attention back to me. I picked Cherry back up into the canter and lined her up again.

     "Well I need to at least know how my competition is anyways! Oh wait... I'm way too good... Haha!" Marissa said not moving an inch as she watched me. I hated it but I had to focus.

     "Cherry please listen!" I whispered to her. '3, 2, 1' I squeezed her and we were soaring then we landed, and this time not in the sand!!! Woohoo!

     "Yeah Lilith! That's what I'm talking about! She did speed up a tad when she saw the jump but you kept good control over her! Nicely done!"

     "Thanks, I think I just got more of an arm work out than anything from holding her back!"

     "Weak" I heard Marissa mumble. I eyed her,

     "Hey! If you got something to say to me say it to my face!" I said practically yelling at her.

     "Now now girls"

     "YOU WANNA GO BRAT?!" Marissa yelled at me.

     "Not while I'm on a horse dumbo!"

     "Ok Lilith go start cooling her out, I know we didn't get much jumping but not only did she improve but you also did! Amazing job today!"

     "Thanks Sarah!"

-----

     "Awesome job today Cherry!" I said while giving her a treat. "I'ma just go get your fly sheet ok baby?" I walked down to her stall on the beautiful stone flooring, I got to her stall door and pulled out her blanket from the hook, I also grabbed her fly mask from the hook and walked back up to her. '1 strap... Ok blankie done! Put the fly mask on the head... Put it under the halter... Clip it...' "All done Cherry boo!" Cherry eyed me as I grabbed her lead rope from off the hook and out the chain over her nose. I unclipped the cross ties and started to walk out the barn.

     "Hey Lilith!"

     "Oh hey Jasmine!"

     "Sarah told me that Marissa found you huh?"

     "What do you mean found me?" I said stopping in my tracks with Cherry halted by my side.

     "Marissa is awful. Oh yeah she basics finds everything about EVERYONE! So never say anything you don't want her to hear while she's  even AT the barn! Or else she will spread rumors. Don't let her tear you down girlfriend!"

     "Eye eye captain!" I said bringing Cherry back to her paddock.

*:-:*

Part Three !! Woohoo! So we met Marissa huh? What do you think about her? Love you! Stay safe!

❤️, Abby