Chapter 9: First day

Start from the beginning

I awoke with a loud gasp, sitting upright while my eyes widened in fear, my hands rising up to my throat. "You will not survive." It was as if his voice seeped into reality, the distorted view of the nightmare mingling with what I saw before me.

"Lyanna!" Suddenly a dark figure burst through the doors, making me climb out of bed in one swift move, lifting my arms before my face in defence. Only, I wasn't met with red eyes. Instead, I stared right back into emerald ones as Anakin raised his brows in confusion. "You all right?" He questioned as he shut off his lightsaber, gaze going over everything in the room.

"Yeah, I just..." It took a moment for my heartbeat to calm down. "I had a nightmare."

Anakin froze for a moment as he looked back at me, thoughts swirling through his head. "I sensed something." He commented in thought. "It's probably nothing." Anakin shrugged, but I could sense the worry radiating off of him. "You should get dressed. The council is waiting for your arrival."

I let out a deep, frustrated breath as I tried to collect my thoughts. "Can't wait."

~

Frustration. That was basically all I felt for the past few days.

I had been training for hours and hours, sitting in the same room while the jedi tried to teach me. First it was Ahsoka, trying to show me how to meditate whilst other younglings joined our practice.

Whilst every child in there easily followed her instructions, I kept on being pulled into a darkness with that same voice ringing through my ears. It was like I dove into a deep dark sea that swallowed me whole and I couldn't reach the surface no matter how hard I tried. I would see flashes of Eagle's Fall, of the fire that burned the buildings and the bright light that always ended the nightmare.

Each time I would awaken from the trance, fearful eyes opening and meeting the confused ones from the people around me. I didn't even last 5 minutes till my peaceful state was disrupted and my limbs caught fire with fear. Ahsoka tried everything, from different methods of meditation to focussing on a different things but each time it went wrong.

Then, she was replaced by another jedi master named Luminara. By then my frustration had already built up dramatically, and her stoic demeaner didn't exactly numb it. She soon discovered that meditation wasn't on the table that day, and then decided to try and see if I could lift objects using the force.

Again, things didn't go so well.

The objects either burst into flames or remained unmoved, no matter how hard master Luminara tried to coach me. It had ended with us arguing about the entire reason I was there, for I knew that their efforts would be in vain. Yet even she was convinced that I had to be trained and studied, for apparently I was 'not fit to wield such power'.

As if things weren't bad enough, the next master they sent was none other than Master Windu himself. He didn't even try to show me how to meditate, no, he had brought some books with him on the subject and dumped it on my feet. Apparently, he didn't have the patience nor the nerve to teach me himself.

Against all expectations, his was the lesson I had learned from the most. I knew how to delve into books, how to learn every little piece of information and memorize it all. It was what I had been doing all my life and how I had become the highest-ranking doctor on my planet.

Now, I knew everything there was about their sacred rite. The only problem was that I couldn't do it myself, lest I be dragged into that same void again.

Sighing deeply, my eyes stared out of the window of the room, waiting for the next master to enter the room and continue this endless torture they were forcing me to endure. My bare arms were crossed before my chest, fingers playing with the feathers of the chestguard I was wearing. Despite my numerous obligations, I was forced to wear something less... armoury. It left me feeling naked, vulnerable, a feeling I couldn't exactly use now that I was being hunted.