"Yo

"Yo." Michael stands up to greet us. "We've got the youngest member of the gang here, Serenity Arias."

I smile down at Serenity who is looking around with a curious look on her face.

"A baby." Maya gasps and we all laugh at her reaction as she makes her way over to me. I pass Serenity to her mother because I wouldn't want someone showing off my child as if it's their own.

Luxe lifts her sunglasses up and smiles over at us.

"It's good to see you guys here." She stands up with her arms open and I step into her embrace. "How are you doing?"

"I'm alright." I give her a squeeze before pulling away. 

We spend the next twenty minutes greeting everyone and getting the kids acquainted with eachother. Luxe and Michael chose a good spot by a bench and they have laid out a huge bench and they have a picnic basket with tons of food in there.

Since I am prepping for fashion week, I bought my own salad and juices.

Luxe set up a tablet on a tripod so that all the kids can see as they lay out on the blanket and they are currently watching Peppa Pig. The guys are sorting out food for the kids while us girls catch eachother up on life.

"I'm going back to modelling." I sigh as I look at the girls. "New York Fashion week is on the way and I'm feeling pretty anxious because it's been a while since I've been on the runway. "

"How long has it been?" Elle asks as she adjusts Serenity who is sitting inbetween her legs. 

"I haven't been on the runway since I was pregnant with Oliver-James." I rub my lips together. "It has been so long and it's not as if I've been practicing during my time away. I just don't want to have a bad comeback."

"You are Veronica Swanepoel-Styles, top model." Luxe tells me. "Any comeback is better than no comeback. I'll admit that the industry has changed but the world hasn't forgotten you. I know that you've been focusing on your family but don't forget about yourself."

"I know." I start playing with the hoop on my left ear. "I fear that the boys won't be ready to see me work as much as I will be. They have been on set with me but we have spent the last two years together so I don't know how they will deal with me being away for most of the day."

"I get you." I look over at Elle. "Four months after I gave birth, I was ready to start releasing music again because I was starting to lose who I was. When I was pregnant, I wrote a bunch of songs but I knew that I couldn't release them yet because I would be having my baby soon. I love my life but I feel as if some things were rushed."

I nod my head in understanding.

"I released an album, went on tour then discovered that I was pregnant." Elle smiles down at her daughter. "It did mess with me because I feel as if I couldn't really enjoy myself because I was hiding the pregnancy and trying to be careful. Now that tour has been over, I don't know when I will next be able to tour again."

"I haven't been on tour in like three or four years." Luxe pulls a face. "I'll keep it real in saying that music isn't the biggest thing in my life now but I am so glad that I found acting. I love my daughter but as a woman, I need to have my own life too."

Luxe looks at me.

"V, you have two boys." I nod my head. "You may be their mama but you are still Veronica Styles and you need to remember that you have a life. You have put your life on pause for two years, don't waste another second."

"Anyways, what went down between you and H?" Elle quietly asks and I purse my lips. "Sorry."

"It's fine, we just had our differences." I rub my lips together. "I wanted to file for divorce. I have essentially given up my life and career to follow him around the world and it hasn't been the easiest. I've basically been a full time single mom to our boys for two years straight and he just wasn't considerate with my feelings. He wants to go tour again."

"Shit." Luxe rubs my leg. "How are you guys today?"

"We're taking it day by day."

---

VeronicaStyles: New Tropic of V Movements collection out now

4,000,000 likes ~ limited comments