"Don't cry, Emilia" Emilia's choked sobs could be heard "I killed someone, I'm definitely going to hell" Beatrice stroked the crying Emilia head carefully. "You killed him, he was a bad man he raped many women like me you helped me escape him" Beatrice tried comforting her.

"He was trying to hurt someone and I shot him," Emilia hiccuped "That's self-defense honey," said Beatrice her french accent coming out thick. "We cannot be seen together by Sister Monica because she'll be suspicious if she sees us too together" Emilia nodded her head wiping her tears that had spilled as she hugged Beatrice.

+

Emilia spent the rest of her days sneaking at night to speak with Beatrice and spending time with Edward but also avoiding Michael. Emilia hasn't seen him in weeks and when she does it when she passes him on the streets.

Currently, Emilia was on her way to deliver a baby on watery lane, Ada Thorne. Emilia hummed softly as she rode her bicycle to the house carefully parking it before rushing to the door. The door swung open revealing Polly.

"Emilia?-" "Polly?" Emilia didn't expect this to happen since she was careful not to run in with Michael but the world doesn't seem satisfied with that. "Come on my niece is having a baby" Polly gestured towards a room crying and screams could be heard.

Emilia tried to calm her beating heart trying to focus on the soon to be mother and not on Michael. "I'm Nurse Finnwood" Emilia introduced herself putting gloves on before swiftly moving to check Ada's stomach.

"It hurts!" Ada screamed tears running down her eyes as she grabbed a hold of a woman beside her. "The baby seems to be in the wrong position," Emilia said as Polly and the mysterious woman perked up.

Emilia gently touched Ada's stomach trying to turn the child over, it was successful as Ada was now panting for breath. "You need to start pushing Ada" Emilia looked up at the woman who seemed to have gone to hell and come back as her body withered.

Ada shakily nodded squeezing the woman's hand next to her. "Push" Emilia's voice echoed the room along with screams and that carried on for five minutes before the wails of the baby were heard Emilia let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding in as she carried the baby boy in the gentlest way she could.

"It's a boy" Ada tearily smiled cradling her son as the doors were slammed open revealing a man who seemed in awe at the baby in Ada's arms. "Freddie?" Ada puffed out tiredly Freddie cooed rocking the baby in his arms for a minute when the sounds of shouts were heard.

"Freddie Thorne your under arrest!" men's voice boomed as they came and snatched Freddie, "You can't be in here a baby has been born!" Emilia stood tall shoving the officer who pushed her face into a wall.

Emilia saw as Polly's body shook as they took away Freddie Ada's pleas fell on deaf ears as they left the house. Emilia knew it was time for her to go she left-right when Polly stormed out with the mysterious woman to the pub down the street. Emilia shivered as she walked back to the convent rubbing the goosebumps on her skin away.

Emilia's body flew as she tripped on a rock landing in a pair of muscular arms, the familiar man with slicked-back hair and a cigarette between his lips "Michael?"

authors note: I didn't believe this book would blow up I have 80 views can't wait to finish this book ;)