CHAPTER ONE.

→ CHAPTER ONE

"You must be Emilia" In the town of Birmingham a french woman stood outside of a midwife clinic a small clung to her face as she waited for a response. "I am and you must be Beatrice" Emilia smiled ear to ear as the woman hurriedly lead her inside.

"You'll love it here, just don't make Sister Monica mad" Beatrice warned as Emilia glanced around the building, "And here's where you'll sleep also you're my roommate" Beatrice yawned lying down on the bed.

"You look tired?" Emilia laughed as Beatrice only closed her eyes groaning, "Of course I'm tired, I delivered four babies today" Beatrice said dragging the sheet to cover her body lazily. "Oh, please don't tell Sister Monica I'm sleeping she'll kill me!" Beatrice hissed as Emilia dropped her bags.

Leaving the room swiftly Emilia snuck out to explore the rest of Birmingham to herself, Emilia main goal is to find out where her mother went missing. When she first had received the news she had broke down crying.

But something wasn't right, Emilia's mother was someone who could never be played or fooled easily. Emilia pushed through the crowd enjoying the evening breeze that blew in her hair. Emilia was a girl who was never tamed, she loved freedom very much it was something she craved since a child.

However, Emilia felt her wrist being pulled as she spun around coming face to face with a man who had a smile carved on his face. Emilia turned away only to be grabbed again, this time her fist clashed against his face harshly as she stomped on his foot running away.

+

Michael Gray hissed out in pain clutching his right eye as he looked up the girl was in a midwife uniform was gone. Michael looked back walking to his house where his mother had specifically invited everyone over for dinner.

On his way home, Michael couldn't shake the brown-haired girl out of his head her long brown hair and hazel eyes seemed so blank. How interesting? No girl has ever done something as crazy as this to him, she's probably new to town.

Michael pushed the door open walking inside straight to the dining table that his mother and cousins surrounded. "What happened to you, did you go and fight someone?" Polly Michael's mother scolded staring at her son's face which held a black eye.

"I'm fine" Michael grumbled lighting a cigarette taking a long drag, as he stared at the red tablecloth in deep thought. a small smirk lifted up onto his face gaining everyone's attention around him.

authors note: this chapter is really dry and I hope that it somehow magically gets better each time I write

authors note: this chapter is really dry and I hope that it somehow magically gets better each time I write. hope you don't mind