"I love you too, Jonah," I said as his eyes went wide, "you do?"

"Yeah. You have no idea how long I've liked you." I chuckled before continuing, "You were my middle school crush and now I love you. Do you know how long that is?" I laughed as he joined in too.

"I've loved you since I was 16, Jo. And I still do." I said truthfully.

Zach's POV

"Hey, what's up bro? Where are they?" I asked my best friend who seemed like he was traumatized or something.

"Oh uhm. You see." Daniel stopped, the rest of the friend group including me, confused and wanted to know where Kenzie and Jonah were and were staring at the brunette expectantly.

The response that he gave next was…unexpected?

"They're sorta...making out."

"Wait what?" Louise quickly responded, shock written over her face.

"What do you mean?" Danielle, who was sitting beside me, asked.

"They're making out. Like kissing and stuff." Daniel said, making the whole group gasp.

"What! Since when!?" Josie loudly asked, which brought the attention of the Frantzich family on the other side of the backyard.

Daniel then started to explain everything that happened this afternoon. From Svea telling Kenzie that Jonah has feelings for her right in front of Daniel to Kenzie telling Daniel to distract Jonah so she could do her plan.

There's two teams, the girls and the boys which includes me. The girls were shocked that Jonah also had feelings for Kenzie while me and the boys the other way around.

"And uh...she didn't tell us about all this?" Alex commented, a hint of hurt laced in her voice.

"She wanted to surprise all of you so I was the only one who knew," Daniel said, which made both teams nod in understanding, including me of course.

Just then, Jonah and Kenzie walked out of the house and we all started to cheer for the new unofficial couple. We, the friend group and the Frantzichs, then ate dinner together.

I had already finished my dinner a few minutes ago and now I was sitting near the edge, far away from everyone. I softly smiled as I admired the busy streets of LA, the lights from the city decorated the view and made it absolutely breathtaking.

I kind of just wanted to be alone for a little and think about what's going on in my life. One of them was the fact that I'm falling for my best friend. I've always had a crush on her, but now my feelings for her is just getting deeper.

She was always just a crush, nothing more, nothing less. I didn't really want to date her because I really don't want to ruin our close friendship. But I can't help it, I can't control my feelings.

Everything about her is…perfect. She's truly flawless in my eyes. From her gorgeous ocean blue eyes to her crazy and weird personality.

"Watcha doin?"

I slightly jumped as a familiar voice suddenly came out of nowhere. The voice that I love so much. She sat beside me and a smile that can melt anyone's heart played on her lips.

"I kinda just wanted to think about some stuff," I said, my eyes still locked on the beautiful city before me.

"What are you thinking then?" She asked again, I could feel her eyes on mine.

I sighed, "someone."

From my peripheral vision, I could see her smile slowly faded and her eyes moved away from mine. She quickly put on a fake smile, "Ooh Zach Herron has a crush?" She teased but I somehow noticed a hint of hurt in her voice.

I chuckled, "yeah, and I'm kinda confused with what I should do with her."

"What do you mean?" She asked, her eyes still not meeting mine. Instead, they were looking down and her head was hung low.

"Well... she's my best friend and...I don't know...and I love her." I unconsciously let the word slip out of my mouth. My eyes went wide at what I just said.

Do I love her?

Silence fell between us for a second before she broke it, "oh." She commented, hurt laced in her voice and I definitely noticed it.

Why was she hurt? Was it probably because I've never told her that I have feelings for someone? I mean she is my best friend.

"Who is it?" She asked, barely above a whisper but I managed to hear it.

It's you, Danielle, it's you. You're the girl.

"I'm...not ready to tell you yet," I softly said before I stood up and left her alone.

I will soon, Dani. I promise.

Danielle's POV

When he left, a single tear ran down my cheeks. An action that described my feelings how words can't describe. It felt like a thousand knives were stabbed into my heart. It was aching as I didn't want to believe anything that he said a few seconds ago.

He loves someone?

And that someone is not me.

Another tear fell as my heart continued to break into small pieces. I didn't want to believe it, I couldn't believe it and I would never want to or can.

You had no idea what you had done to me, Zachary Dean Herron. A few simple words could feel like shards of glass aggressively brushing against my heart.

Is it Josie? Alex? Tessa? Bryana? Which best friend?

A bunch of thoughts filled my head and my heart continued to ache as I sat there by the edge all alone.

-

A/N: poor Danielle :(
If you liked this chapter, vote !! Cause if you do, I know that y'all are actually loving my book :)

Anyways, 2/5 already confessed to each other, 3 more couples to go

school starts tomorrow so, totally not happy rn.

I'll update soon!

-jo