chapter 34. 🥀longest ride

Start from the beginning

Asad stood by the entrance to the backyard watching them with anger

"Father! He called making the mayor to turn quickly. A look of surprise was plastered on their faces
"Naina,.. oh I mean stepmother. he smirked. "Congratulations I wish you guys a happy married life. He said
"Oh my bad I have interrupted your lovely moment go ahead and continue he gestured with his hands.
All eyes where on them by now; they could feel the tension between the father and son

"Father, naina I will just help myself with some food"he said walking away to the food area.

"Excuse me" the mayor said following his son with a scowl on his face.
"Why will you call my wife like that with so much disrespect? What are you even doing here , aren't you supposed to be in the us hmm?he asked his son

"Yes father,and tbe last time I checked we were together with naina and we were in a relationship and this is the alameri mansion, and I am an alameri so i have a right to live in this house.

" You are welcome dearest son" the mayor said sarcastically.
" Good to here and if you ei excuse me I have to rest its been a long day" he started walking towards his side before stoping

"And naina,he turned to look at her while smirking you look beautiful as always" she gasped at his statement.

*****

Huda finished putting the last food on their small table happy with her arrangement. Today they are going to eat until their stomachs could take no more.

"Ya!lahmin walimat ladayna huna;wow! What a fest we have here. Ammi exclaimed

"Are all this real? She asked unsure
"No no my dear of course they are not that's why we are touching the dishes and they did not disappear" papi said sarcastically, ammi smacked his arm lightly huffing, and all this while huda was trying so hard not to laugh at their silly drama.

"Uhm let's eat shall we? The food is getting cold and my stomach is impatient" huda stated and they all bursted with laughter.

They finished eating afterwards. Huda and ammi decided to clear the plates ,when they finished they joined papi in the living room. Huda day down next to ammi on the carpet lost in her own thoughts. She was thinking about her encounter with Asad earlier on. It stirred something deep within her. She still cannot believe that he is the first son of fes. If she was surprised at how rich he was before then it has doubled now.
Ammi and papi were busy discussing when they noticed that she is not talking at all.

"Huda dear what's wrong,is something borthering you? You have been silent ever since we finished eating" ammi asked worriedly.
"It's nothing ammi, I am feeling sleepy and a bit tired" she stood up pecked each of them on the cheeks and left for her room. Ammi and papi shared a look something is definitely bothering their daughter.

The next morning she woke up feeling a bit anxious but she decided to brush it away.

"Alhamdulilah liawmun jadid" she murmured shutting her eyes tightly because of the rays that were peaking from the window.
She stood up and took her bath and got ready . She is going over to kulthum's house.
She greeted her parents before leaving the house.

On her way she greeted almost everyone she saw. She's find of doing that.
"Marhaba ya alsyd husaim;hello Mr husaim. She greeted the national stable manager,as she entered kulthum's neighborhood.
She offered to help him push his car so that he can drive.

"Shukran habibty"he smiled at her . She was about to go when he called her and she quickly turned
"Yes,mr husaim"she waited for him to continue.
"I was hoping if you could help out in the stables. You are replacing mr kushar because he's on a month leave. I know it's not much but seeing that you don't have any work and to keep you busy even if the pay is not as much as your previous job.