O N E

Chapter One

Courtney Rose Shalna

Honestly, working in a tavern isn't always fun.
It. Is. Boring. As. Goblin. Snot.

My friend Imogen was out back getting clothes from visitors off the line, and hanging up wet washed clothes.
Then about three people walk in.
One had black hair with white streaks, the second had brunette hair with brown eyes, and the last... was breathtaking. Just kidding... he had blonde braided hair and blue eyes.
They sit at a table.
I just sigh, washing the counter with a cloth.
The guy with black hair puts up his hand, and I walk over.
"Hello my names Courtney i will be your waitress for tonight. First I need to know if your staying the night for reservations." I say in my normal routine.
"Yes.... two rooms, one for two and a single." The black haired guy says in a deep voice.

I nod, quickly getting their orders.
Then the door, again, opens, but instead of customers, Imogen comes rushing in.
"OH MY GOD IT'S RAINING! OH LORD HELP ME!" She cries, shoving me the basket of clothes before running back out.
I slowly turn on my heels, putting the basket on the floor behind the counter.
I get some bread and ale, for the three men.
I walk over, placing it in front of then.
"Enjoy." I yawn.
"Thank you." Blondie smiles.
"Mhmm. Thank the wheat fields." I say sarcastically, before lazily walking off.
I sit on my chair, and Imogen runs back in, soaked.
"Courtney! it's raining!" She points out.
Thunder claps in the distance.
"I noticed, Immy. Go get changed. Your dripping.... In the Foyer." I chuckle lightly.
She shrugs. "Deal with it." With that, she runs off outside again. Oh yeah the animals.
I didn't notice the three guys looking at her strangely.
"Aha... She's weird don't mind her." I laugh awkwardly.

"AGHHHHHHHHHH OH THAT IS..... HEEEEEELP OH THAT IS JUST... GROSS!!!!" Immy's voice cries from outsisde. I sigh, lazily walking out from behind the counter and outside into the rain. Just as i walked out, Immy slips. "COME BACK HERE PEASANT!!!!" She orders a chicken. "Immy! Just get the farmer to get them in the barn! go inside and get washed..." I watch as Immy slowly walks towards me, the mud in her boots squelching. I open my mouth to say something but Immy holds her finger up. "Don't. Say. Anything." She mumbles, stepping inside with me following after.

The tavern goes quiet as my half elf friend walks in sheepishly. "I know I am amazing but you don't need to look...." She mumbles. Then our boss comes storming in, and gasps when she sees the mud prints on the floor. "Miss. Álainn! Did you do that?" Mrs. Juven asks. Immy smiles coyly at Mrs. Juven. "Maybe...."

"Oh, Immy.... Go get washed and into different clothes, then please set up two rooms for the guests." Mrs. Juven sighs.
Immy nods, going downstairs to where the maids rooms are.
"Miss. Shalna.... do you know when you and Miss. Álainn are going back to Rivendell?" Mrs Juven- Stara- asks quietly.
"I think tomorrow. Her father wants her back soon." I respond, walking over to the table where the three men are.
"Okay then. Could you clear the tables? Nasty manners most people have." Stara crinkles her nose.
"Mhmm- WHY DO YOU HAVE A KNIFE IN YOUR HAIR." I yell, pointing at the Blondie, staring accusingly.
"What.. What? No, no I don't, heh heh." He takes the knife and hides it in his coat.
"THERE IS A SHINY DWARVISH BLADE IN YOUR COAT NOW." I yell, no one noticed.
Deaf people.

"Okay fine...." he mumbles.
"Who are you?" I ask.
"Fili." Blondie says.
"Kili." The brunette sips his ale quietly.
The last doesn't say anything.
"And that's Charlie McDaisies, nice to meet you guys. Your rooms should be done-"
"Heyyyyyyyyy." Immy exaggerates the 'y'
"Hi Immy. Are the rooms ready?" I ask.
"Yep. Follow me McDaisies!" Immy walks upstairs.

The dwarves grumble colorful words, in a language I have yet to learn. Correction: I should learn but I don't pay attention when Immy teaches me.... Ooooooopsss...

But I knew Immy is trying every second and hour of the day, to not cry. She has a horrible backstory, with horrible pain... more painful then dragon fire.

Immy comes back downstairs, holding a pail and cloth in her hands.

She slowly kneels and sniffs. I look at her with worry.

Then she sneezes. "Aha.... s'cuse me!" Immy giggles.
I sigh, "You are a butt-nugget, Immy."
"Nope." she sings.
"Yep."
"Nope."
"Yep"
"Nope."
"Yep."
"Nope."
"Yep."
"Yep."
"Nope.-"
"I know. Im too fabulous to be a butt-nugget." Immy flips her white/blonde hair dramatically.
"..... I have no words." I pinch the bridge of my nose, shaking my head.

Imogen POV
I stand, looking at the clean wooden floor.
My mind always winds back to the brunette dwarf.
I smile softly to myself, and I stand, walking to my room.
I remember my job. The towels!
I place the Pail and I jog to get the clean towels.
I grab three, for each guest.
Slowly and gracefully, I walk upstairs.
I knock on the door which had Charlie McDaisies, as Courtney would call him, inside.
A gruff "Come in" calls out.
I open the door, placing a towel on the small bench.
"Here is your towel... if you need it or something. Or, if you need anything, just tell me and I'll get it for you." I say awkwardly.
"Thank you...?" He looks at me.
"Imogen.." I respond quietly.
"Thank you, Imogen." The guy mumbles.
Depression, how sad.
I walk out, and I go to the last room with the other two. From inside I could hear talking.
I knock on the door, and the chatter silences.
The same response repeats.
I sigh, opening the door.
There, sat two men.

"Hello?" The blondie frowns.
I wave.
"Have a towel." I sing, throwing them their towels.
They chuckle slightly.
"Thank you." The brunette cutely smiles.
Nawww, he's cute.
I nod, before slowly turning away.
"Wait! what's your name?" The brunette asks.
I stop.
A small smile appears on my face.

"Imogen."

___________________________________

HALLAAAAAAAAA EVERYONE

So... I'm Jayyyyy... Lol.

The theme song for this story is Hate To See our Heartbreak by Hayley and Joy Williams.

heh..

BUH-BYE