(Prologue) A Choice With No Regrets (Part 4)

Start from the beginning

- Timeskip: Morning -

I got up an hour early to prepare. Checked my ODM gear if there were any damages, I wouldn't want a damaged gear while outside the Walls. I am not going to be titan food.

After preparing everything, I took my shower and wore my uniform and placed my knife on my holister on my back (in case I need to defend myself from humans). I was thinking about how I should tie my hair since it got shorter after the incident. Then again, screw the hairtie for a while. I just placed my hairtie on the same wrist where mom's bracelet is.

I hugged my folded regiment green cloak on my arms to be worn later before leaving. I left my room and headed to the mess hall to grab food then straight to the stables to prepare Snow for the expedition.

"Morning, Aya!" Emma greeted as she walked beside me and placed an arm on my shoukder with her brother, who looked as if he barely slept, walking beside her.

"Morning. Are you okay Karl?" I said with a small laugh. He looked at me with a sleepy glare.

"Guess not, sleepyhead."

"Morning, captain." Leo greeted as he met up with us by the doorway towards the mess hall.

"Really, Leo? Captain?".

"Well you are, Aya." Leo said with an as-a-matter-of-fact tone. I shook my head with a small smile as we grabbed our food and sat on our usual table near where the commanding officers sat. We chatted away with what to expect again this expedition but as always, establishing a base outside the walls.

I was busy with all the thoughts in my head.

Handpick my squad
Keep my powers hidden and at bay
The conversation from last night
The visions and memories
More of mom's journals

"So technically, you could've dragged Aya here out to the night market instead of me." I was interrupted from my thoughts when Karl mentioned my name. I looked up from my food and gave him a questionable look.

"You weren't listening huh?" Emma asked. I nodded with a shy smile and rubbed the back of my head.

"As I was saying to my dear twin over here, instead of dragging me last night she could've just dragged you to the night market instead." Karl complained.

"Wait wha-"

"BUT... I checked Aya's room and she wasn't there. Plus I couldn't even drag Leo, he was snoring his ass off last night your and his room." Emma said to her brother.

"What did I miss?" Leo came to our table with his food and sat beside me. I cleared my throat and said, "You snoring your ass off according to Emma." Then bit the last of my bread and drank water quickly to get away from the wrath of Emma.

"AYA!" I heard Emma yelled as she blushed of embarrassment. I continued my walk out to the stables and pretended not to hear her. I still couldn't take my mind off of what I heard last night.

'What am I to him?'

Surely we had history back in my trainee days at Cadet Corps but this time it's different. Even though I knew his past, I never FULLY know who he really is. Then came him courting me. Was he just using me?

All this thoughts crammed up in my mind, I didn't notice that I bumped in to someone. I looked up and it was Flagon.

"Sorry." I said and continued my way to the stables. "Amaya wait." I looked back as he called me and hummed.

"You look like something's bothering you."

"I'm fine, Flagon, honestly. But thank you." I said with a small smile and a nod and walked quickly. I felt someone pulled me and I faced Flagon again. "If this is about Levi-"