It's Okay, Isn't It? - Ban x Reader

Start from the beginning

"It's okay, isn't it?" I ask. Ban nods his head in agreement. My heart pounded quickly, and I thanked him profusely for the gift. 

"You've been a great apprentice, I figured I'd get something for you to show my thanks. I got Meliodas to tell me what sort of things you liked since we never got to converse often aside from teaching you how to cook. I don't do this often, you know?~" He smirked, smiling. 

Suddenly, there was a streak of lightning followed by thunder. My first instinct was to grab the nearest person and hold on for dear life. I squeal softly, like a terrified mouse trying to find a hole to hide in. Ban, taken aback by my response to thunder laughs heartily. 

"So you really despise the weather, huh? That's unlike you, Y/N." He gently wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him tightly, nodding. He rubs my head softly, as I continue being in this warm embrace of his...

Soon, the thunderous weather subsided after a few hours. Streaks of light shone down from the sky, indicating that the sun will appear from the clouds soon. I look up at Ban's face, then realize the position we were in for those last couple of hours. At this point, my face blew up as red as a tomato. 

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry! I-I didn't know what got over me..." I trembled, my mind plagued by the worst possible outcomes that might happen next. 

The next thing I knew, I got wrapped in his embrace again. Ban was silent, and all I could hear was his heartbeat going rapidly... 

"Goddamnit, you're the only person who can make me like this..." He mumbled. 

"Seriously, you can be really cute sometimes

"Seriously, you can be really cute sometimes. I can't help but tease you. I'm sure you know how I feel now, right? If that wasn't obvious enough, I don't know what I'd do next~" Ban looks at me, gently smiling. 

I suddenly realize his signals. How could I have been so dense? 

In truth, I've always looked forward to his lessons. I loved it when he praised my cooking, and I especially loved that smile of his. Ban always manages to crack me up, even on the most awful of days. Sooner or later, I fell head over heels for him. But because I didn't want to ruin our friendship, I sought not to tell him about how I felt. There wasn't going to be an opportunity like this again. I smile at him brightly and confirm my feelings for him. 

"That does it, then~ I knew asking Meliodas was the right thing to do~" He beamed brightly.

"Well, well, well, Ban. I would have helped out more since this is what you were up to!" A voice suddenly appears out of nowhere, and we turned to look in its direction. Standing at the door were Meliodas and Elizabeth. 

We stood in our tracks. 

"...How long were the two of you standing there?" I asked.

"Since forever, Y/N. I got the King's permission to let Elizabeth go out for a while since I was done with shopping. Goodness, Ban! I had no idea you got a thing for Y/N here." Meliodas laughs heartily. Ban gives Meliodas his usual grin, and intertwine my hand with his.

"Expect more from us then, Meliodas. This won't be the only time you'd be seeing us like this~" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was today's story, dear reader? Did it capture your attention? Did it peak your interests?

Today happened to be a rainy and stormy day, so I used it as writing material. I sincerely hope the writing ended up being relatable to you. Personally, I'm not fond of thunderstorms myself... I can relate to the protagonist of this story. I pray that I've captured the character's personality correctly, I'm confident that I did. 

Our next guest will be King, the Fairy King. Stay tuned for an incoming update~

Yours sincerely,

Shadic Dou