Chapter 3

^Aunt Molina ( Cassie's Aunty )
"Cassie! Wait up!" I heard a familar voice that I hated. I was currently walking into the school gates heading towards the english block where I had to hand in a paper. I was hoping I could see Demi before the bell rang but I couldn't help but feel my heart go into over drive the moment 'he' called out my name, or nick-name, same thing. He touched my shoulder and I instantly turned around from the touch.
"I really don't want to communicate with you in any shape or form, just saying" I stated without any sort of emotion on my face, where as inside I was having a panic attack from just seeing his eyes.
" I guess I've found Little Miss Straightforward, and I want to communicate with you, so deal with it." He quickly fired back with a stupid little smirk on his stupid attractive face.
I pivoted on my left foot, in the intention of turning around while smacking Gabe in the face with my hair but he moved to my side, to walk with me. I didn't complain since his presence made me feel better, for some deranged reason, but I could feel his eyes staring at my hand.
" I would much prefer it if you would just talk to me rather than be in my bubble with no use" I had to say something because I couldn't stand a little more time without hearing his voice. I was currently annoyed with the fact that Demi didn't make me feel like I wanted to jump on him and glue myself to him. Not saying I felt that about Gabe...
"Is Molina still around? She is one killer babe." Right then and there I felt like getting that glue, insert acid into it and give it to Gabe as a nice refreshing drink. Lovely, I know!
"One, you call her Ms. Lydian, two, if your gonna talk about how you find your 'babes' 'killer', I'm going to leave right now!"
"I will call her what I want, BABE and I only have eyes for one girl" he stated the latter a bit quietly.
"Mrs.High Pitch is awaiting you just like my English teacher his awaiting me! So have a nice life, actually don't, and I'll see you never again!" I said as I sped off in the direction of the English block, not waiting for a reply. As I walked to the specific classroom I was looking for, I thought of what Gabe said 'I only have eyes for one girl'. What the hell did that mean? I mean, I understand English, but the dudes emotions are as cray cray as Miles when Zach comes over. And that is pretty Damn cray cray.
"Cass! Stop breathing! There's a contagious disease in the air and you're going to fatally die!" Screamed out someone behind me and I wanted to slap the person.
"Well, I'm fine as long as you do too!" I warned as I turned around to realise it was the idiot I really don't want to talk to. "Gabe! What the hell do you want!? I'm going to slap you with a fish when I find one at school!"
"Miss.Everette and Mr.Walters! Can you calm down!" My favourite teacher, Mr.Montogomery, yelled at us for yelling at each other.
"I'm sorry sir, he was just being an idiot! Here's my Inequality paper" I said while taking my paper out of my one shoulder backpack.
"Mr.Walter, you do understand that no student personal are allowed to be in this area unless they are doing something important" Sir informed A Gabe who was not paying attention to anything but my hands.
"My presence is important enough but because it's overwhelming you, I'll be glad to leave, with Cassie though" he stated with a very confident voice I've heard too much. I did actually need to leave but I didn't want to give Gabe the satisfaction of me leaving with him, so I did the lamest joke .in the lame book of lameliessness.
"Hey Gabe, look over at the window, it's a girl!" And with that said, I ran out of the classroom to my homeroom since the bell had rang.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right now, we were in third period, maths, my absolute favourite. By the way, I speak four languages - English, sarcasm, bullshit and Spanish, so I just spoke one of them to you just then, sarcasm. Why was maths even nessacary? I wasn't going to solve what 6282+81837-1902+72739-16 is when I am a fully successful news reporter.
"Cassie...Cass..Cassandra Walters" someone behind me stupidly said. Turning around I realised it was Adri and continued to death stare her.
"Don't EVER call me that ever again!" I whispered/yelled at Adri (Where the logic at) to never put me and Gabe together except for a comeback battle.
"I saw you guys earlier, me and Colette thought you guys were pretty damn cute. And then Demi came over and pulled Colette for something but how am I supposed to know what they were saying since the dude was whispering and Colette didn't say anything when she came back. He probably told her not to, such a good person. And then when I turn back to the cutest couple ever, there was no couple standing there anymore.." Adri said super fast so I could only hear a few words.
"Miss.Vega, please stop talking!" Mr.Celartist said in a strict Russian accent. Everyone turned around and stared at Adri, and the moment I saw Tedder turn around, I knew the whole class wouldn't be quiet. He started laughing in hysterics at Adri's blushed up face and then the whole class started to breath out their lungs. Even with sir yelling at all of us, nothing worked. I didn't even know what was going on because Adri talking and getting in minor trouble, wasn't the best thing.
It was that Gabe was smiling with his teeth and it was a genuine smile. As soon as I thought that, I slapped myself square in the face. Opening my eyes, I see Gabe laughing now, but not at Adri... He was in hysterics about my satanic left hand. Even though I was trying really hard not to, I broke out into a grin making heart - beating eye contact with Gabe. That handsome jerk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Math had finished, thank god, and I was walking towards the school pool since I had a free period before lunch.
"Cassie! I'm coming with you and you got no choice about it!" His voice lingered on my mind and I turned around excited just to see him. Everytime I tried to deny the fact that I liked having Gabe around, I felt the feeling more. So I didn't deny it.
"Waaas supp" I said being bored and silly.
"1. I'm fine but I would love to swim with a beautiful brunette 2. Never say that, cause it sounds like wasabi and I don't like spice on anything other than girls" Gabe stated with a goofy expression.
"When's your birthday?"
"Why do you want to know? You wanna give the amazing Gabriel Walters a present?"
"Yes! I think the 'amazing' Gabe Walters would like some Californian rolls with a litre of liquified wasabi!"
"Yep, I'm sure he'll squeal with joy when he sees it" Gabe said sarcastically but not ruining the mood. Having a normal conversation about wasabi and chickens, we had arrived at the pool. He opened the door for me only for me to find out the pool was empty as my candy drawer at home.
"On second thought, I don't really feel like swimming. All this food talk has got me craving avocado and salmon sushi rolls." I said, worrying about Gabe seeing me nearly naked. I'm never as revealing as other girls at our school but I still was going to show off my back and legs! I had worn a a black one piece underneath my clothing today because I already knew that I wanted to go swimming. But not with Gabriel Walters! Imagine him thinking I was anything but a beautiful brunette! Drama Queen up in here!
"No, just come on. Lunch is right after so you can have anything you want after this! Just come for a swim with me." Gabe insisted. He looked pretty persistent so I guess it wouldn't hurt if I got out of the change rooms before him and get into the pool before he sees anything. Smart Everette!
"Okay, fine but you have to buy me lunch. And just to let you know, I'm hungry after I swim." I warned him before walking to the woman's change rooms. You would expect me to just strip myself down of my dignity but I was raised a bit better than those fake girls you see everywhere. I rushed off my skinnies and flannel, chucked my stuff into my bag and ran towards the pool not even looking if I made it or not. I jumped and curled in my limbs going for the perfect cannonball. That was the quickest I have ever ran! I hate any physical activity other than walking, breathing, talking and swimming. But I had to do much more, what can I say...#FirstWorldProblems!
"Boo!" Someome said quitely before jumping up on my shoulders.
"GABE! I THINK I FOUND THE FISH!" I yelled in his face after I tried to turn around.
"You have really nice legs. Wear a pair of shorts, actually never mind..." he said, trailing off into his own kind of idiotic thought. He said my legs were nice, might as well call my face a tomato now. Wanting to break the awful silence, I kicked my legs up and sprayed water all over his face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That was fun, surprisingly. Me and Gabe had a water fight and hate to say it, but it was better than the one I had with Dre and Zach.
"Finally, world war 3 has finished!" Stated Gabe with a sarcastic sigh.
"Uh, said who?"
"The person who's buying you lunch. So, don't get me wet again."
"You got into the pool without me asking! I should just write idiot on your forehead" I said straight back. We jumped out of the pool, had showers in our own change rooms and met back at the front of the pool hall.
"Ladies first" Gabe said politely while opening the door.
"Yep, that's why you should be walking first!" I said back with a laugh. While talking about how he started swimming as a kid, we made our way to the cafeteria. 'BRRRRIIINNNGG' and there goes the lunch bell.
"Gabe! Go quickly before the line rushes up! Run like the FRIKEN wind!" I jokingly yelled in his ear unsuspectingly. He actually ran to the line and waited behind three people waiting his turn. I walked towards him to tell him what I wanted but he put his hand in front of my mouth and slightly pushed me back, such a egotistical boy.
"Hey Cassandra, how was your free period?" Demi asked as he said stepped on my view of Gabe. His eyes were a straight black, and if it was last year, I would say his was a descendant of a very well known vampire. Gabe's eyes were a bright blue, but not just any old blue, a bright navy blue. Weirdest colour in the history of eye colours but he made it work. And then I walk in with my 'beautiful' brown eyes. They remind me of a murky swamp that a elephant has done its business in as well. Too pretty, just too pretty! I told Demi that I had gone swimming with Gabe and he seemed angry. Not worried that I was with him but worried that something bad had happened. Good looking weirdo. While me and Demi were talking, Gabe walked up to me with a box of sushi, a soy sauce bottle and a sprite can with a straw on the side.
"You really think of everything, don't you? I thankfully stated.
"Well, I did keep you from your seaweed by making you swim..." Gabe said with a guilty face.
"Wait, you didn't want to go swimming? You shouldn't do something you don't want to." Demi slid in from beside me. He's so smart and cute!
"Demit, shut your mouth and go find a dog to make out with." he quickly said while grabbing my hand and walking to a table with his friends. I turned my head around and mouthed a sorry to Demi with an answer of a nod. Turning back around I realised Gabe had led me to his table. Where everyone popular would be. I recognised Eric from my music class. I gave him a tiny smile in which he returned. Gabe and him were best friends. Partners in crime if you will.
"I'm gonna go head over to my friends. I haven't seen them since maths." I whispered in his ear before walking away. I had taken a quick glance at his eyes before I retreated and they seemed to hold a sense of sadness. Trust me, I felt sad, Gabe was like a puppy. A stubborn, sarcastic bitch actually but still, puppies made you happy no matter what! The vibe I get from Gabe is good for me. I remember last week I had a cough but when I accidentally touched his arm in PE, I only had a mildly itchy throat. The magic of a bicep.
I made my way to the front of the school where the seats were and found my friends sitting on the grass nearby. My group always hung outside except on super hot or stormy days.
"Welcome lover girl! Where's your prince in blue and green swim shorts?" Asked Mia with a cheeky grin. If she saw us in the pool, meant numerous people saw. What would they say about my image? Would they think I'm a brave badass or a used tissue paper.
" We just went swimming, ok? Now, who wants sushi!?" I excitedly asked about my lunch since I knew everyone hated sushi except for Tedder. He ran up from the opposite side of the wongulated circle, stole a sushi roll and ran back down to his spot, not saying any thank you.
"1. Gabe bought you that sushi! I saw when I was getting my salad. 2. Have you guys not seen The Carrie Diaries? Carrie and her crush make out, in the swimming pool! That could be Cassie! Similar names coincidence?" Adri cleverly but embarrassingly pointed out. My cheeks went red at the thought of kissing Gabe but I thought of Demi immediately.
"I don't like Gabe, you know who I like..." I mumbled off in a shy state.
"Haha! Speak of the handsome devil" said Troy, making me curious and turning around. Demi was walking up to us and stood above me asking me if he could talk to me. Me being a naive little girl, I said yes and walked of to the corner of the building to talk.
"I don't know how close you are to Gabe but I can assure you that he will do something horrible to you." Demi said.
"Me and Gabe are friends...I think. You don't need to worry about me, I have my friends and also a strong mind."
"But I do care, I have cared for a long time even though it might not seem like that."
"If this was just a warning to be careful around Gabe, I understand. He doesn't deserve my full trust."
"Good but I also wanted to ask you another question. Would you like to go out on a date with me to Pierros on Friday? You can have whatever you want and I'll pay." He asked politely. I just got asked out by my high school crush! Freak the freak out!!!
"Uh yeah, sure, I'll text you my address and you can come pick me up. I said with a monotone voice hinting that it was normal for me to go out. I either go out with my friends or Aunt Molina. We said bye to each other, finalised some things and headed our own ways.
"Uh guys... DEMI JUST ASKED ME OUT!" I squealed out in a girly voice, exact opposite to what I had. All the girls started laughing while the guys gave $5 to Troy. Were they betting on this? I don't care, I was too happy to give a damn today. Not even my dad will bring me down!