chapter four

''life's too short to worry about the things that we got wrong, so hug all your friends and let them know you're not letting go''

y/n ran towards her friend group who was waiting for her outside of the library, holding a small casserole in her hands. 

''hello guys ! i got strawberries!'' the girl smiled, pointing at what she was holding. ''oh fuck. i forgot food isn't allowed in the library.'' 

''we can eat them here'' davey suggested, taking a strawberry and putting it in his mouth. 

''eats? you want some?'' y/n asked the boy .

''no, thanks.'' he refused.

 ''oh, okay'' she said then raised her eyebrow. '' did you get any sleep? you look tired'' 

''yeah i did'' he said, obviously lying. 

''whatever you say. but you know you can tell me if something's wrong, right?'' y/n said, side-hugging her friend as he nodded. she grabbed the last strawberry and ate it, then they walked in the building. 

><><><><

''oh davey you're- you're a really bad kisser!'' tommy mocked his friend.

''guys! cut the shit. unlike you idiots, i come here to study.so don't get me kicked out!'' farraday complained. 

davey chuckled. ''check it out. cape may slayer. 15 confirmed victims and still counting. ''

'' i don't get it. why would the killer only write a letter now, after all this time?'' anne wondered, walking towards the two boys.

''he's been killing people and getting away with it for years! he's bored, so he's raising the stakes. he wasn't counting on us.'' davey replied.  

curtis started looking at the image on the computer, moving his hand slowly and carefully. 

''jesus , farraday! it's not like you're gonna break it!'' davey exclaimed out of frustration and took his friend's place.

suddenly everything got quiet. the only sound that could be heard was woody silently laughing  . davey's eyes scanned the screen looking at the big  words, reading ''fears grow in hunt for missing seaport teen''. he looked at the pictures of the kids, below the text. 

''peek-a-boobs! get it?'' tommy said out of nowhere, putting the picture over the computer. 

''how are you so not funny'' y/n asked, looking at the boy.

''what the hell are you doing?'' davey looked at eaton, who was putting the magazine in his pants. 

''free porn, bro'' he replied, then walked away, with woody.

 a/n: hi idk how to say this but im in love with davey 😐🙏okay anyways i was planning on making this chapter way longer but the next scene would make more sense if it was in a different chapter so sorry that this is rly short<//3 also i really appreciate that u guys vote ogmhgfd it makes me so happy okay bye ily