⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ 𝟎𝟔 ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Start from the beginning

"Oh, 100%. It's so obvious." She wafted her hand in the air, before leaning back on her hands.

"To nearly everyone but themselves." Lexie added, leaving the two girls to laugh with each other.

"Don't look now but thee Captain America is staring right at you," Laura gushed, mocking girls who gossiped way too much.

"Are you serious? Or messing with me?" Lexie raised an eyebrow, looking to her other side to see Tony walking up to Steve. Both had changed out of their gear and were wearing normal clothes instead. The shirt on Steve was definitely too tight, but Lexie was far from complaining.

"Shall I leave you to your gawking?" Laura asked her with her eyebrows raised as Lexie watched Steve rip a wooden log in half with his bare hands angrily.

"Come on, you have to admit that that was totally hot." Lexie liked talking to Laura. 

"Sorry, I'm a married woman. You'll have to gossip with Tony."

"Oh god no. He would ship me off to England and cancel my passport." Lexie rolled her eyes as Laura laughed at her.

"You made it sound like he's done that before?" Laura giggled.
"He has. When I was twenty, I had finished Harvard Med school and he found out I had a boyfriend. He sent me to England until said ex-boyfriend moved away with his new girlfriend." Lexie laughed, rubbing her forehead from the memory.

"Well, Clint has mentioned he is a control freak." Lexie agreed with her.

"He is. I can be sometimes to be fair. I'm stubborn apparently." Lexie laid her legs out flat in front of her.

"Is that why you won't see a therapist?" Laura suddenly asked her, her tone more serious. Lexie's smile dropped and for a moment Laura worried that she had angered or upset the girl.

"I don't talk about it." Lexie shook her head a little.

"You sure? It might help to get it off your chest?" Laura pressured. Lexie just shook her head again.
"Thank you for letting us stay here Laura." She thanked the older woman. "I'll go wash the glasses." She first helped Laura back up before she took hers and Laura's empty lemonade glasses and made her way back into the house, passing Tony and Steve.

Lexie washed the glasses before leaving them to dry by the sink. She dried her hands with the tea towel as tears grew in her eyes. She took a deep in a breath, resting her hands flat on the counter as she lent forward, her head facing down.

"Crap," she whispered angrily to herself as she watched a tear roll down her cheek before hitting the counter. She wiped at her eyes furiously, definitely making them go red. She rushed off to the stairs, not wanting to be in an area where anyone would be able to walk in and witness her tears. She passed Steve who was reentering the house.

"Lexie?" He questioned but she ignored him and ran off up the stairs to the room she was staying in.

A moment later Steve knocked on the door. Apparently he too was staying in the room she was in. He opened the door when he didn't get a response.

"So... Clint has a wife and two kids," he chuckled, remembering she hated it when people asked if she was okay.

"Yeah, amazing right. Lila's so sweet and Laura's really kind." Lexie stood by the window, pretending as if she hadn't just been crying.
"They really like you. We all do." Steve added. "You're much nicer than Tony." He meant it as a joke but she didn't take it that way.

"Don't- he- he hates it when people compare us." She stuttered, one arm crossed over her stomach while she made a gestured with her hand. She lent her head against the boarder of the wall where it then went in towards the window. Steve nodded and kept quiet.