Rec: Pokemon-Power of Us

Genre:
Action, Animation, Adventure and Fantasy

Pokémon the Movie: The Power of Us is a 2018 Japanese anime adventure film based on Satoshi Tajiri's Pokémon media franchise, produced by OLM and Wit Studio and distributed by Toho. It is the twenty-first film in the Pokémon universe and the second film in the Alternate Timeline series. The film was directed by Tetsuo Yajima, written by Eiji Umehara and Aya Takaha, and stars the voices of Rica Matsumoto, Ikue Ōtani, Megumi Hayashibara, Shin-ichiro Miki, Inuko Inuyama, Rina Kawaei, Mana Ashida, Koji Ohkura, Gaku Hamada, Masako Nozawa, Kōichi Yamadera, and Inori Minase. In the film, several humans and their partner Pokémon creatures work together to stop a forest fire and a poisonous spore that threatens Fula City and its nearby wildlife.

It was released in Japan on July 13, 2018. The Pokémon Company International and Fathom Events released the film on a limited theatrical run in select countries on November 24, 2018.

Plot:
  Fula City was founded on barren land that was developed by humans after the Legendary Pokémon Lugia granted them the power of the wind. The wind festival is held every year. Fifty years ago, the nearby mountain forest was engulfed in flames due to humans clearing the mountain forest and looking for the mysterious Pokémon Zeraora. Harriet, the woman who built the wind power plant, burned her hand while failing to save her Snubbull from the burning windmill; she was only able to get the key to start the turbine that Snubbull was holding. This resulted in her becoming distant from Pokémon. Lugia was called to clear the fire. Hoping to protect Zeraora from the humans, the mayor of Fula City created a lie that Zeraora had died and cursed the mountain. This secret was kept by the mayor’s successor, Oliver. In the present, Oliver’s daughter Margo takes care of Zeraora after it injures itself saving Margo and two other Pokémon from a rockslide in the foothills.

Former track runner Risa agrees to attend the festival to capture a wild Eevee for her younger brother Rick. Ash Ketchum and his Pikachu attend the festival and take part in the Pokémon catching contest. Callahan attends the festival with his sister Mia and her daughter Kelly. Kelly suffers from low immunity, so Callahan invents tall tales about him being the best trainer when he does not even have a Pokémon. Harriet, now an old woman, gets the essence of the Pokémon to move Sweet Scent on her, resulting in Pokémon following her wherever she goes.

Getting help from the timid scientist Toren, the con artist and liar Callahan decides to give Toren’s speech at his lab in return for Toren helping him win the Pokémon catching contest. A Sudowoodo Callahan took pity on begins following him. Callahan comes in first boasting about a rare Pokémon in the woods intriguing everyone, but worrying Margo. Ash places second and helps Risa capture an Eevee.

Review:
   I watched this movie not once but 5 times because it was pretty amazing, even though it was cheesy but I enjoy it.

I'm going to say something, I'm a huge pokemon fan, always will be no matter how crappy a game is or how crappy the series or movies are, I will still be a fan and I will say, this movie was pretty good, oddly cheesy but good, like I keep saying, It's on Netflix, watch it and tell me what you think.