Chapter 17

Young and Dumb - Chapter 17

Soundtrack for this chapter:

~ 18 (One Direction)

~ Through the Dark (One Direction)

<*_*>

"Okay.. one, two three." I was standing on Niall's shoulders because I wanted to do a somersault and then fall into the water. Niall jumped and I tried to jump, failing miserably and falling on top of Niall.

I came out of the water, laughing and coughing.

"Fail.." Niall muttered.

We had been in the pool for 2 hours now. But it was really warm so we hadn't planned on going out any time soon.

"Do you want to play guess the color?" Niall asked.

"How do you play that?" He picked me up bridal style underwater and held me close to his chest.

"So you have to try to guess the color i'm thinking about and whenever you guess wrong, I have to dip your head underwater. If you guess right, i'll spin you back." I nodded and began naming off colors.

"Pink." Niall dipped my head. "Red." Again. I managed to give a list of at least 10 colors and I hadn't guessed. 'Yellow, blue, purple, black, white, turquoise, orange, and silver' where on my list but I hadn't guessed yet.

"I don't know, green?" Niall nodded and spun me around making me come out giggling.

"Okay, now it's my turn to guess." I held Niall like a baby and he began guessing colors. I had picked a really hard one. It wasn't actually that hard, but it was really uncommon.

"Coral." Niall guessed. I tried to spun him back, but failed miserably, making him drown and come back up laughing.

"How did you know?"

"What?"

"How did you know it was coral?" Niall shrugged.

"You always get weird when playing these types of games and pick the weirdest colors."

I walked out of the pool because I was cold and to my house to take a shower. After taking my shower I decided to wear a pair of high wasted shorts and a long sleeved blouse since it was a big chilly outside.

Niall came around just when I was done. We were watching a guy skate when I got an idea.

<*_*>

"Are you sure?" Niall asked me one more time.

I nodded. I was going to learn how to skate. I had always wanted to learn that but I was too scared to fall down.

I placed a foot on the skate and another on the floor. When I began pushing myself, I lost my balance, running off the skate and falling on to the grass that was next to the sidewalk.

"You can do it. Come on, one more time..." Niall held out his hand for me to grab. I stood up on the skateboard one more time and began pushing myself slowly. I grabbed Niall's hand for balance and I was able to ride for a few seconds before falling on Niall's arms.

We both crashed on the grass laughing.

"This is miserable... I'm never gonna learn how to skate, it's okay," Niall stood up again and held me up.

"Yes you are, c'mon. Don't give up!" I stood up and skated some more. I guess I was getting better, but I still fell down after a while and I road really slow. I don't understand how Niall was being so patient.

"Hey guys." Lia walked by us with an extremely hot surfer. I wiggled my eyebrows and waved at her.

"Hey Lia." Niall came next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"What's up?" Lia asked.

"I'm learning how to skateboard. And you guys?"

"We were just going for a walk.. well we'll see you later, bye!" Niall and I decided to go inside to my room and just chill for a bit.

I decided to grab my guitar and make Niall teach me some more. I found the guitar on my parent's room and my dad told me it was my grandfather's old guitar and that I could use it while they bought me a new one.

"Have you learned any songs?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, I've learned Oh Cecilia by The Vamps.. I've learned that song from Bee Movie.." Niall laughed.

"I'll teach you a song." Niall told me the song was named Love Bug and it was by the Jonas Brothers.

"Okay, teach me.."

After Niall taught me the song, we got music bored and decided to watch Pretty Little Liars. I was already on Season 2. Very advanced, if you ask, for starting a week ago.

"I'm so proud of you, baby girl, already a week and a Season down." Niall wiped a fake tear and I snorted.

"And then you call me weird." I muttered.

"Weirdly wonderful, amazingly and beautifully awesome baby girl." Niall said. I started laughing.

"Weirdly confusingly, cheekily, Angel. I don't even understand half of the things you say." He laughed and kissed my cheek.

"Don't worry, I don't either. The relationship is equal!" We high fived and then began laughing.

We were extremely geeky and weird and nerdy and all you can name around the weird category. But I liked it. And Niall liked it. That's all that mattered.