0.8

I was very young when SHIELD found me, I was treated like a 30-year-old instead of a 16-year-old. Barton and Natasha would fight me for real, banging my head into the wall until I tried to burn down the building,I remember going back into my bunker and destroying every piece of furniture in the room.

Phil heard me, he never said a word as he took me to the cafe, bought me a drink and sat with me until I smiled. It was sadly the nicest thing someone had done to me. And now he isn't here.

I heard the door close and I raised my head from my knees and peer at Steve, he didn't notice me until he was against the railing "Was he married?" Steve says walking towards me.

"No. He was uh...cellist, I think." I mumble as I stand up "or something" I wipe under my eyes, I know I wasn't crying but I was worried I would start.

Steve now only a foot away tried to reach for my hand as it began to shake "I'm sorry. He seemed like a good man."

I scoff jerking my hand away from him glaring at the bloodstained wall "He was an idiot." I remark kicking at the cement.

"Why? For believing?" Steve defends.

I shake my head and look around. My hands hadn't shaken for a few years, it happened when I met Wiley. I was just so scared "for taking on Loki alone." I snap again crossing my arms.

"He was doing his job."

"Well his job isn't to fucking die," I say kicking the wall again "He was out of his league. He should have waited. He should have..." I trail off and stare again looking at the blood which makes it hurt more.

Steve shakes his head "Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tia."

"Right," I scoff digging ou the blood from my knuckles and fingers sarcastically smiling at him "How did that work out for him?" I snap pushing past him to leave.

"Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?" I pivot on my foot and face him, the fire burning in my eyes and I snap.

"We are not soldiers!" My hand locks around the railing with steam slowly escaping from my fingers, Steve noticed and put his hand over it, I take a deep breath "I'm not marching to Fury's fife." I whisper.

"Neither am I. He's got the same blood on his hands that Loki does, but right now we gotta put that behind us and get this done. Now Loki needs a power source if we can put together a list..."

I look at the blood and sigh "He made it personal."

"That's not the point," Steve says sadly.

But I'm onto something, again it all begins to hit me "That is the point," I almost laugh facing Steve "That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live. Why?" I ask pointing at him.

"To tear us apart."

"He had to conquer his greed, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us, he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience."

He wants the world to know, he is here, he wants the world to see him. For them to know he is now in control.

" Right. I caught his act in Stuttgart." Steve agrees.

"Yeah. That's just previews, this is...this is opening night. And Loki, he's a full-tail diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built to the skies with his name plastered!"

Tony.

"Son of a fuck" I push past him and run out of the room.

Where the hell is Stark? I stop in the middle of the hallway and scan around the small area. If I was Tony Stark, where would I go, and what would I--The suit. I turn on my heel shoving an agent to the ground accidentally before going to the platform. I jump over debris and random crap littered over the place before hearing the blow torch and saw him sort of standing there.

I walk over and tried to make some noise so I wouldn't scare him, but it doesn't fucking work. I go over and grab his arm, and he almost burnt my face off when he spins around "What the hell--"

I grab the blow torch and toss it across the room and hit the table"Take me to Stark Towers. Right now." I breathe out.

"You found out too?"

My brows narrow at him. Too? TOO? "Too? You knew--?" I slap his arm. He winched about to speak before I cut him off rolling my eyes "Oh my god. Get me to the tower."

"And why should I do that, it is very hypocritical that you are asking me to help you and also telling me it is wrong to hold secrets when all day yesterday you--" I roll my eyes and kick him in his knees and he drops to the floor.

How frustrating. If I was slightly taller, my face looking more like my age, and me not in some sweatpants with a gravy stain on them, I may be getting the attention I desperately crave.

I blow the hair out of my face and lean down "I'm going to tell you this one more time sweetie," I warn "Take me to Stark tower in the next 4-12 minutes or I'm gonna hurt you so much it'll make a circumcision feel like clipping your fingernails."

He stares at me "Alright. I'll get ready."

"Thank you," I glare and leave quickly. I can't believe I need to push people over just so they will listen to me. I went to my bunker again and opened the closet, I stare at my outfit and gulp. Too many memories. I shake my head and take it changing quickly. As much as people judge me for them, I liked my corset, I look nice in them. I wore one with my black pants, combat boots, and my leather jacket.

I look at myself in the mirror and tilt my head. Almost free, kid. I found Tony walking around before finding me, he grabs my wrist "Have you ever---flown before?" He asks as we go back to his suit.

"I've fallen for a 23-story-building, does that count?" I said honestly, biting back a small smirk.

He sighs "Close enough."