Nine \\ The Lookout Point

Start from the beginning

        "If I tried to tell you, your assumption would make me seem I was only trying to convince you otherwise. I would've come off as a liar."

        Melissa hesitated, "As that is true, I still think you should've said something."

        Koda cracked a small grin, soon getting a soft smile from Nurse McCall. "I'll remember next time."

        Melissa laughed with a relieved sense to it. It was always nice to know your coworker wouldn't kill you while you were on break.

        "Uh, to be completely honest I was sent on a type of mission - requested through Scott and Stiles from Sheriff Stilinski."

        "Oh," Koda 'um'ed for a brief moment, "I don't - I can't, not with police."

        "Stiles' dad sort of falls under another category. He's been able to turn a new leaf after almost being ritually sacrificed under a Nemeton."

        "Freaking druids," Koda mumbled. "Well, I still don't know. I already have 30 million on my head and me going to jail would make it easy for any assassin to come find me."

        Melissa shook her head, "He wouldn't put you in jail. I was told he just wants to know what happened."

        "That's what detectives say when interrogating people."

        She stopped, trying to find a way to convince her to meet with Stilinski. "Would it help if you met on your own grounds? A diner with him out of uniform or say, my house?"

        "Maybe after the deadpool is taken care of I'll tell him, but for now there's too much at stake. My life, Brett's. Once we're safe, then I'll meet with Stilinski."

        Melissa knew that was the closest she would get, so she took it. "I'll let him know."

         Koda pulled her phone out, it buzzing after she was already unlocking it.

Brett:

Reed missing. May have been taken.

        "Everything okay?" Melissa asked, seeing the young nurse's expression falter.

        "No." Koda quickly texted her brother to go find Elias and stay with him. "One of the members of my pack was supposed to be keeping an eye on my brother but he's missing."

        They had an idea that neither wanted to say out loud.

        "Go." Melissa nodded down the hall, "I'll cover you."

        Slightly surprised, Koda was hesitant on her reply. "Thank you. I'll be quick."

        "Don't worry about it. Make sure your family is alright first, okay?"

        "Thank you so much, Melissa." Koda quickly went back to the lockers meant for staff and grabbed keys after changing in under a minute. Leaving the hospital with her things carelessly tossed in the passenger's seat, she drove to Devenford.

\\

        "We can't just stand around here with Reed missing."

        "Dakoda, it's been hours. The sun is going down," Dan said, the pack gathered in the den.

         Brett was back in Devenford with a couple others but the rest were in attempt of finding Reed.

        Out in Koda's car, her phone rattled off with messages and missed calls from Derek.