Where few fear to thread

Bram knew Natalie was approaching him from the way her heels hit the cold cobblestones outside of the café. It was a beautiful November morning. Not too cold, which is why he was outside drinking coffee that morning. Natalie slammed the open society pages on the table, in front of him. As she sat across from him fuming. "Did you see this?" she asked. Bram looked down on the paper seeing it was Nadir and Serilda dancing. 

The paper of course had almost taken the whole page with just that photo. "Of course I've seen it. I work at the newspaper. Colin was very proud of catching that moment." Bram said. "And you didn't think to call me?" Natalie said with a huff. He looked up at her, crimson lips and button-up shirt that was open way too low, and felt his heart beat faster.

 "I don't know what you want me to tell you," Bram said tossing the paper aside and going back to his coffee. "Really. You don't find it odd that they are suddenly having dinner together?" Natalie asked. "She made me her maid of honor. I'm supposed to be heading down to go look at dresses with her now." She said her eyes comically wide.

Bram sighed. "I don't know why you're surprised about that." He said putting his coffee down. "You have the best taste of anyone in society. And Serilda hasn't been one to want luxurious décor or fancy dresses." Bram said. "She's been most comfortable in oversize sweaters and thigh-high boots. She's a simple traditional girl. Her only ask about the wedding, was to make me her best man." Bram said. Natalie's looked at him shocked. "You're going to be best man at my brother's wedding?" Natalie asked. "Yeah. I know. I didn't exactly see that coming either." He replied with a laugh.

"No. That's great." She said with a smile. "I actually do have an idea for the wedding," Natalie said. "You see. That's why you make the perfect maid of honor." Bram said. "Which was clearly my brother's doing," Natalie said shrewdly. "How do you know so much anyway," Natalie asked. "Nadir, and Ry-Serilda, and I all hung out at a pub the other day. We came this close to getting your brother to sing." Bram said putting his thumb and forefinger an inch apart. Natalie raised her eyebrows. "Wow. So this is actually a thing. Serilda and my brother?" Natalie asked. "Your brother finds Serilda interesting. She piqued his interest as she did with me." Bram explained. "Once you really get to know her you will see that she's great," Bram assured her. "I already think she's sweet," Natalie said getting up and giving Bram a kiss on the cheek before he could say anything else. He flushed at the move. "Thank you. I Knew talking to you would ease my worries." Natalie said as she walked away. "No problem," Bram said, watching as Natalie waved goodbye. He hoped Serilda knew what she was doing letting Natalie take the reins in the wedding.

Bridal shop

Taffeta and lace covered most of the available room on the tables around the bridal shop. Serilda had already tried on five dresses all long and was seriously about to murder her assistant. Serilda came back out in a beautiful lace monstrosity that had no back and long sleeves. Serilda stood on the pedestal furious. "You know what my favorite part of this dress is," Serilda said, glaring at Christina. "The sleeves." She said.

"OH NO," Natalie said as she walked in and saw the dress. "Mermaid style is not for you." She said. Christina slapped her forehead. "I LOVE YOU," Serilda said, jumping off the pedestal nearly slipping in the train of the dress. "Seriously I will marry you right now." She said looking at Natalie who laughed. "Nadir told me I was the maid of honor. And as your maid of honor, I will make sure you have the perfect dress." Natalie said.

"I'm going to go change and then we are going to reevaluate this whole thing," Serilda said. Natalie followed her and stood at the wall while Serilda changed in the curtained-off change room. "So I've been thinking about the wedding. How do you feel about having a themed wedding?" Natalie asked. Serilda groaned. "What theme?" she asked. "I was remembering the beautiful dress you were at the wedding."