Hours went by and Hazel laid in her bed looking up at the ceiling fan. She was still astounded at the fact that her dad had smuggled drugs into the family home. Bashar offered to stay a couple days so she felt comfy but Hazel decided she wanted to be alone. Lifting herself up, she reached under the bed to get her journal. Her brain was racked and she didn't feel comfortable explaining it to someone else. Troy was a big help in getting rid of the drugs but at the same time she felt like she made the wrong decision. What if her dad came home looking for the drugs? Was he selling or using? Maybe both?

Hazel's phone ringing cut off her writing. She picked up the vibrating phone to see Tyree calling. Rolling her eyes she declined the call. There was a lot on her plate already and she honestly didn't feel like adding anymore to it. Seconds later the phone rung again. Declined. Again. Sighing she put her phone on do not disturb and continued writing. It didn't take long for her to finish up her last few sentences before licking her journal and putting it back in its hiding spot.

The next day
four days until Christmas

"Should I get the red cups or the white styrofoam?" Hazel asked, Bashar as she held up the cups.

"Red cups, they're more sturdier, and if you pour drinks in them they won't fall as easier as them styrofoam shits." Hazel chuckled at his last response and put the red cups in the cart. Her supervisor decided to make a list of supplies they'd need for the party. Hazel decided she'd get cups, plates, napkins, and drinks. She thought about baking a lemon cake but the caterers would take care of the food.

Since the the power wasn't working at the main building it was decided that they would hold the party at another venue. It made sense to do so, the deposit was already made to the caterers and decorations were already being set as of now.

"I found these too they're more sturdier too." Bashar said, placing the plates in the basket as well as the hard plastic spoons and forks.

"Thanks, Shark." Hazel joked. Bashar smiled, walking up to her.

"Did you ever figure out what that name meant?" Hazel nodded, Bashar lifted his eyebrow waiting for her answer.

"Well, Sharks are dangerous, they protect, and they're fast." Bashar nodded, quite satisfied with her answer.

"So.." Bashar said, walking around her with his arms behind his back.

Hazel playfully rolled her eyes before responding. "So, that means people don't fuck with you, because they know what's up. That's what makes you dangerous, I'm guessing. You also protect what's yours at every cost, and you make shit happen, as soon as possible." Bashar was taken back at her explanation.

"Damn mama, you got that shit spot on." He smiled. Hazel giggled, happy with her own answer. Bashar walked up to Hazel cornering her with both his arms. "Who taught you to be so smart." Hazel's heart thumping so hard. He made her nervous, her words on pause.

"My mother, most definitely." Bashar nodded.

"Ohh, I'll have to meet her one day." Hazel nodded, that made her think. Christmas shopping.

"After the party at my job, let's go Christmas shopping." Hazel suggested.

"Why not Monday?" Bashar asked. The way he looked at Hazel he felt like he was on another planet. The way her baby face shown so brightly under the lights, was like a fresh bottle of champagne poured into a clean glass, she was beautiful. Her personality so bubbly, her dimples peeking from her cheeks when she smiled. Bashar wanted to so badly kiss her but he wanted to wait for that special moment. So, he backed away.