Chapter 36: Christmas Party

Start from the beginning

     "You better have used protection." I teased. 

      Selina gasped in defense and gave me a swift punch to the shoulder. We both laughed quietly as I rubbed where she hit me. I was about to show her how it was done when I heard my name being called from down the hall. Me and Selina shared panicked looks as I took down the hall, Selina right behind me. 

       "Harls! Is everything okay? Are you hurt?" I asked as I burst through the bedroom door. 

       "Yes, I'm fine." Harley smiled to herself as she sat up. "I need to take a piss and can't get my fat ass off the bed." 

       Selina, realizing everything was fine, left the room to go change into regular clothes. I smiled softly and helped Harley off the bed and towards the bathroom. I stood outside and let her do her business. Once she finished, I helped her towards the living room. 

       "You know I can walk right? I just can't lift myself up out of bed. That's all." Harley said, clearly not wanting me to baby her. 

       "I know, I know. I'll let you walk the rest of the way on your own. " I said as I held my hands up in defeat. 

       "Hey, are you okay?" Harley asked. "You've been acting really different since we got back together. Are you sure.....are you sure this is something you want?" 

       "Yes, of course! It's not that. I'm just nervous I guess. I don't want anything bad to happen." I admitted with a smile. 

       "Awwwww is the big bad Poison Ivy going soft on me?" She asked as she sat on the living room couch. 

        "What? No! Shut up!" I protested as I felt my face heating up in a deep blush. 

        Harley laughed at my sudden mood change, which only made me blush more. She patted the spot next to her, wanting me to sit next to her. I, obviously, took her up on the offer and sat next to the blonde beauty. 

     "What's so funny, girls?" Selina asked, emerging from the hallway in pajamas. 

       "Nothing!" I said quickly, but Harley beat me to it. 

       "Ivy was blushinggggg." 

       I glared at Harley as she started laughing again, this time being joined by Selina. I leaned back on the couch with my arms crossed defensively against my chest. My face grew a deeper shade of green the longer the duo laughed. I swear, sometimes these two only mess with me because they know they will get a reaction. 

     "So, I was thinking." Harley sighed, her laughs finally coming to a stop. "What if, we had a Christmas party? At my place. Nothing huge; just a small get-together. No offense, but being in this house all the time is killing me."

     I made eye contact with Selina. We both read each other's face, sensing some tension in the air. We could tell Harley no, but then she would be stuck in this house for the holidays. We all knew that that could get depressing really quick. On the flip side, if we were to let Harley host a party, something could go wrong and it could end up hurting the baby. My mind was at war with itself, weighing the rewards and consequences of the party. I snuck a glance at Harley, who was looking up at me with hopeful eyes. 

     "Fine. There are rules though." I said in defeat, causing Harley to beam. "There can't be any alcohol for...many many reasons. I don't want a whole lot of people there, either. Things don't need to escalate to anything crazy. Just a small party, got it?"

      "Yes! That's perfect!" Harley exclaimed, clearly planning her guest list already.