I struggled against the grasp of the Azgeda man, trying to free my foot on the gas. 

Bellamy had veered the Rover sideways up ahead, blocking the rest of our path. He threw open the door and pointed his gun in our direction. 

If I didn't manage to stop this truck, it was bound to barrel right into him and the Rover. 

As I attempted to pull the wheel in order to avoid Bellamy, the man grabbed onto it, yanking it back so we were in our original path. 

I let out a grunt, managing to bring my elbow up and drive it into the side of his jaw. 

He fell off of me, a surprised gasp flying from his lips just as the sound of a bullet firing filled the air. 

It tore through the glass of the windshield, lodging itself in the skull of the Azgeda man. 

I looked down in shock as he slumped across the seat, blood pouring from his head. Bellamy had done it. 

Bellamy!

I looked up in shock, noticing that the truck was seconds away from where he was positioned. I tore my foot off the gas, pressing both of them firmly into the brake pedal. 

The truck skidded to a halt, mere feet from Bellamy who was watching me with worried eyes. 

I met his gaze, my chest heaving in laboured breaths. After a few moments, a small smile spread across my face. 

Bellamy let out a small laugh as he shook his head, quickly pulling himself out of the Rover. 

He didn't waste anytime in getting to me, within seconds he had the door of the truck flung open. 

I relieved sigh fell from my lips as I turned to him, allowing him to lift me down onto the ground. 

"Thank God." I muttered, lacing my arms around his neck in a tight embrace. "I knew you'd figure it out."

He sighed, "It was Roan." he admitted, pulling away and looking toward where Clarke and Roan were hopping out of the back of the truck, both of them appearing to be unscathed. 

"You guys okay?" I questioned, turning away from Bellamy to face them. 

Clarke nodded. "Yeah." she answered. "Are you?"

I returned the head nod. "I'm good. We should get moving."

Clarke agreed, looking between the group of us. "Roan and I will take the truck. Bellamy and Avery, you two in the Rover."

Everyone wordlessly agreed, each moving to their respective vehicles. 

It remained silent for a series of minutes as Bellamy and I drove back toward the path that would take us to our destination. 

Finally, he spoke. "I'm going to take the Rover back to camp." 

His words didn't entirely shock me, I had expected them to come at some point. So, instead of meeting his words with rejection or hostility, I simply nodded. "Because of Octavia." I confirmed, already well knowing. 

Bellamy adjusted his grip on the wheel before looking over to me, his throat bobbing slightly. "I want you to come with me."

I held his gaze. "You know I can't do that." I answered, feeling my heart clench slightly. 

As much as I wanted to spend every last second with him, I was needed at the island. 

But I couldn't ask Bellamy to abandon Octavia to come with me. If I were in his exact position with Finn, I knew that I would make the same choice as he was. 

He didn't seem mad at my words, he had been expecting them like I had his. Instead, he removed one of his hands from the wheel, linking it with my own. 

We spent those next few moments in silence once again, but this time we held onto to one another's hands like it was the last time we would do so. 

"We're here." Bellamy announced into the radio, the ocean in front of us coming into view. The small silhouette of a boat could be seen in the distance. 

As he lowered the radio from his lips and placed the Rover into park, he looked over at me with sad eyes. 

I gave him a small smile. "I'll help Roan unload the fuel. You talk to Clarke." I advised, knowing he would want to let her know what his plan was. 

He didn't say anything for a moment as we both got out of the Rover, but soon enough he had rounded my side of the vehicle and had pulled me into an almost bone crushing embrace. 

"If I don't see you again-" he whispered, his face buried in the crook between my head and shoulder. 

"--No." I cut him off, pulling away and placing my hands on either sides of his face. "We will see each other again." I promised, not even wanting to consider an alternative. 

Reaching up, he pulled my hands from his face, intertwining one of his hands with my own. The other now attached itself to my cheek, and lightly he guided my face toward his own. 

The kiss felt like our first kiss all over again. It was so full of emotion, and laced within it was the promise that we would return to each other no matter what. 

Finally, as we pulled apart, I couldn't help but smile up at Bellamy. The butterflies in my stomach always present when I was with him. 

"Go talk to Clarke." I ordered lightly, nodding in the direction of the blonde who was starting toward us. 

Bellamy gave me a final look before nodding, making his way toward Clarke. 

That left me to join Roan. 

I found him at the back of the truck, pulling himself into the bed of it where the barrels of fuel were being stored. 

"What's going on with Cur-Bellamy?" he corrected himself upon my warning glare. 

"He's taking the Rover back." I answered, letting out a small huff as Roan extended his hand to me before pulling me into the back with him. 

Roan gave a small nod as he grabbed the first barrel and began to shimmy it to the tailgate. "You're not going with him?"

I shook my head, reaching out for the barrel closest to me. "No. I can do more good on the island."

As I grabbed onto the barrel and began to pull it toward me, I felt confusion wash over me. "Roan?" I questioned, turning to look to him with wide eyes. "Why is this one so light?"

His face dropped as he rushed to my side, taking the barrel into his own grasp. Upon a quick inspection, he let out a frustrated sigh. "Damn it!"

Silently, he turned the barrel in my direction, allowing me to look as he yelled out for Bellamy and Clarke. 

I focused my eyes on the bottom of it, instantly seeing an arrow protruding from the base. 

The reason it was so light was because there was no fuel left in it. I felt my heart drop at this revelation. We needed every drop of fuel and now...now we were screwed. 

"What's going on?" Clarke demanded as she and Bellamy joined us by the truck. 

Roan gave me a quick glance before grabbing the barrel and turning it in their direction. "Trikru arrow." he grunted before kicking the barrel off the back of the truck, sending it crashing into the ground. 

Bellamy his fluttered up to me, evident worry present on his face. We all knew this wasn't good.

Clarke looked down at the empty barrel, her expression as if she were about to cry. "No." she whispered, clearly in denial. "No."