↱ haircut

"so?" was all kenny had asked, and lina stared long and hard in the mirror, the former's intense and nervous gaze making her crack a grin. strands of her hair had hit the floor, black masses covering the marble underneath, and as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders, lina sighed. this made the blonde boy give her a hard stare, mouth agape in an expression of confusion.
       "it's nice." was all she said with a small shrug, and a playful grin that made kenny scoff, grabbing the broom at his side, placed there beforehand to make cleaning more efficient.
        "your mom won't be mad, right?" he then asked, turned and head tilted to glance at her newly-donned appearance, hair that was once at her waist cut slightly below the jawline. she only tugged at the strands and stared in the mirror, before giving kenny a side glance, with a grin so careless he felt the need to look away.
        "maybe. who cares though, right?" she brushed it off, as per usual, and leaned over the boy as he swept the strands into the trash can just below the sink. "so... are you ever gonna dye your hair?"
        "me?" kenny became tense, nervously gripping the broom's handle and shying away. "well... i..." he mumbled. lina moved before him, raising her hand, and kenny flinched slightly. she then drew back, with a soft frown, before raising it again to brush her hand through his hair— blonde, a color she never really gave thought to like— and imagining it black, like hers.
        "mom wouldn't let you, huh?" she mumbled, and kenny only gave a sigh, to which she took as verification. lina watched as kenny left the bathroom to put the broom in the closet nearby, coming back and dusting his hands, before leaning against the wall behind him. she noticed his slight shiver through his plain black shirt, amidst the blaring heat from the thermostat. lina only leant forward, kenny's eyes flickering to look at her as she stepped close, perhaps too close, holding her hand to his forehead— hot. burning hot.
         she was, by all means.
         kenny couldn't help the tinted red that crossed his cheeks, and the raising temperature, along with the chills he had been having for the past few weeks. his hands went to grab the edge of his shirt, gripping and holding it tightly as lina's other hand raised as well, both cupping his cheeks.
         "do we kiss now?"
         shit! why did he say that? kenny had his mind thrown into a panic, regret crossing his brain several times over, his gut wrenched and twisted, out of pure embarrassment and shame. but lisa only grinned, like always, and soon leant in, closer and closer until the two were a centimeter away, lips almost touching.
          "in your dreams," she breathed then, smirking as she pulled away, and kenny's face erupted into a bright red, spouting curses in his mind as he whipped around to run out of the bathroom, the sound of footsteps thudding down the stairs and the door shutting, as lina only tugged at her newly-cut hair with a soft smile.