meeting

[a/n: welcome to the first chapter of this book, please vote if you enjoy this]

kitoshi pov:
it was my first day of third year. the last year till college. me and rei have been in the same class since 3rd year in middle school. i had just woken up from my beeping alarm as i turned it off and sat up in my bed, stretching. i look over at my clock and read the time. 5:32am. perfect, i like to wake up early to have spare time, i get up and take a quick shower to wake me up and walk back into my room as i get my uniform on. i sit back on my bed as i set an alarm for 7am, and plug some earbuds in and listen to music. soon enough the alarm goes off and i walk out of my room meeting rei in the small living area, we then go ahead to classes.

we head to our homeroom and sit down at the back row, rei next to the window and me right next to her. right before the bell rings a tall boy with bright red hair, spiked upwards comes in and sits in front of me. the bell rings and the teacher comes in and starts to introduce himself. i start to zone out after he says his name, but the red head turns around in his seat as the teacher drones on and pokes my arm. i look over at him to see him with a small smirk planted on his pale face.

"hi?" i say, almost as a question, i've seen him around the volleyball jocks but never in classes. "helloo" he gives me a closed eye smile. i can tell i look awkward as rei quietly snickers at me, i send a glare in her direction as she quickly looks out the window. i look back to the red-head as he slightly stares at me. "i'm eiko kitoshi" i say as i stick some strands of hair behind my ear. "satori tendo," the red-head states. "nice to meet you" i politely say, trying to keep my composure as i want to take a nap. he seems to realize i'm annoyed as his eyelids lower a bit. "well, i can tell your annoyed, or just bored of me, or think i'm a monster-" i fully open my eyes as slightly glare at him, yes, he's known as the guess monster but it doesn't mean he's really scary. "i didn't get enough sleep, and don't say that" i say as i lay my chin down on my arms. he has a questioning look on his face as i hear rei snickering again. tendo slowly turns back around and plops his arms and head onto his desk as we now have a study hall, for some reason.

-time skip to lunch-

me and rei haven't gotten to talk since this morning so at lunch it was only necessary for us to talk. "so, you like anyone yet?" i asked, she normally doesn't have a crush right off the bat, or ever, but i do ask because i get curious. "no, but you seem to" she smirks at me as i give her a weird look, opening my bento. "that red-head boy who sits in front of you in homeroom" she states, also opening her bento. i choke on my rice a bit as i give her a glare. "of course i don't! i don't like someone that quick!" i retort as she hums in reply and smirks. i scoff and continue eating. two girls come over, our other friends. ai saruhi and chibo taiyo. taiyo's in the gardening club so we don't hang out with her often, other than weekends and saruhi is almost always in her own world. they sit down next to us, saruhi next to me and taiyo next to rei.

"hey guys" i acknowledge them as they greet me and rei. "me and taiyo were just talking about her ever-growing crush on ushiwaka" saruhi says, as taiyo's face flushes. taiyo has had a crush on him ever since he talked to her in our first year, ever since then they've been friends. "how is that going taiyo?" rei questions the blushing girl. "we're still just friends ok? he's busy with volleyball anyway." taiyo answers as she regains her composure.  "you could become a manager" rei states while eating her food. "i'm already president of the gardening club." taiyo states as we all do a small "oh right" as we all forgot. "i might become one," saruhi slightly mutters. i go on to tease her, "oh really? which boy you after?" i smirk at her. her face flushes slightly as she shakes her head "i just thought it would be fun" i snicker as i finish my food. soon enough around everyone finishes and it's time for free period, one of the most popular girls in school, also our friend, yua hato, comes over to hang out with us during free period.

"hey guys!" she says as she jogs over to us, we all wave as she makes her way to us and stops. "sooo, i sorta told the volleyball team i would hang out with them, do you guys mind coming along?" saruhi and taiyo agree and me and rei lightly groan a bit but agree. we head our way to the volleyball gym as we here some shoes squeaking. hato opens the door and shouts out "hey guys!" they all look over, i recognize everyone there, probably because they were all the third years on the team. i can see semi and reon's faces flush a bit as we enter. i then see a certain red-head come out from under the bleachers, supposedly getting a ball and yell out, "why's everyone quiet? semisemi why are you red-? oh~ hello ladies!" he waves at us and walks over. taiyo goes over to the bleachers along with saruhi as hato greets tendo. he then eyes me, "hello kitoshi!" he greets me as i feel my face warm up a bit and mutter a small "hiyo." he laughs a bit as he goes and pats semi on the back and they get back to practicing. we all sit on the bleachers. i can see rei slightly eyeing semi doing serves in the corner as i draw with my black ink pen on the small sketchbook on my lap. i continue drawing till the bell rings and rei grabs my wrist and walks us to our next class.

[a/n: here's the first chapter, hope you enjoyed]