Chapter 4

4-year time skip astas 8 third person pov
Everything was going great asta unlocked his magic, him and yuno could train again everything was perfect until yuno started getting better, and better yuno be came cold to asta, and asta fell behind soon enough everyone started to forget about asta and focus on yuno they neglected asta and forgot he was there at most times and forgot to even feed him.

It was like he didn't exist, almost as if he were a ghost nobody cared for or about asta anymore. And as for asta well he blamed his magic because everything started to go down hill when he got it so he casted his magic aside and focused on his body and strength some times asta wouldn't even come back to the church, as nobody cared or noticed even if they did see asta they would ignore him to everyone he was just "a weakling who has no mana, and can't even control his magic" they even hurt asta from time to time, some believed he was a demon because he had no mana but he could use magic.

Asta was all alone until last year on his birthday, which either nobody cared or they forgot they didn't even feed him that day in fact they treated him worst and made him sleep outside in the cold that night, asta was so lonely and sad on his birthday although it wasn't the first time, sister lily often kicked him out but it was that night asta got a magic spirit it was a multi magic dragon a magic spirit that only people with multi magic could get the spirit had been lost in time do to only 2 people before asta had multi magic and that has hundreds of thousands of years ago.

The dragon was rainbow and only the owner could understand the dragon, the dragon can change its size and shape, the dragon is male and asta decided to name him Kento (if you look up 'what does kento mean' you'll see it has a meaning) that night asta gained a forever friend kento was the best present he had ever received from that day on him and kento never stoped talking kento is very intelligent and is smarter then asta (considering he has been on this earth for a long time), even though kento is astas best friend, asta also sees kento as his lost father figure asta and kento did everything together but the village was so stupid they didn't even notice that when astas mana did show it's even bigger then before almost as if his mana was unlimited but they didn't care because "What's all that mana good for if he can't control his magic" the thing is when asta started back training with yuno his magic would go out of control and he would even miss the target, sometimes his magic didn't work at all and when it did his string didn't go the way he wanted and it surely wouldn't go far, they would be around 3 or 4 inches long and they weren't as sharp and strong as when he got his magic.

When his sends out his string they would be as soft has butter, on the rare occasion his strings where long they where often weak, thin and broke easily, on the other hand yunos magic only got stronger day by day he started to get praised over everything he did, yuno started to turn into a complete arrogant spoiled brat and began to think he was better then everyone even his older brother that has been protecting him since day one, All yuno ever got was praise since he started to get stronger and asta on the other hand has only gotten, neglected, abused, beaten and insulted.

Today was the day asta snapped he packed food, water, and money he stole from the church and some clothes and shoes, asta ran and walked for days he unknowingly ran so far he was in a town at least 20 miles outside the capital the past couple of days asta had eaten most of his food and only had 10 pieces of bread 20 pop potatoes and 4 bottles of water left, he had traveled on foot for 6 days he had packed a lot off food for kento and him.

While asta was walking he saw two little kids, a little brother and a big sister, the sister was getting beat by an adult for 'stealing food' (She stole two apples leave the girl alone) while the little boy who looked nothing more then 4 years old was crying and screaming watching his 10 year old sister get beaten in the ally pleading and begging the cruel man to stop.

Asta's blood boiled , he got flashbacks of the first time he had gotten beaten up by two villagers, and just like the 4 year old boy he was pleading and begging for them to stop. Asta had to save the girl he used his string magic for the first time in 4 years and surprisingly his magic worked he captured the male adult but the string also cut the man, deep enough to where the cuts on his arms legs and face where fatal he had even sliced the man's right arm off.

The more then strings squeezed the more fatal his wounds became, and even if the man somehow get away and get treated he would have a lot of horrid scars, the man screamed in agony as the strings basically almost sliced him in half, the white strings turned dark red stained with the mans blood the man started to bleed rapidly passing out due too blood lost and after several minutes he was on the brick of death even though it wasn't visible at the time asta's strings also left a deadly cut in the mans heart and brain, asta then realized after about 4 minutes what he had done.

The kids got some of the mans blood on them they were scared, scared of a boy that just saved them scared, that he would hurt them next by the time asta had half calmed down asta ran to the man and checked his heart beat the man had died from blood lost asta was disgusted with him self he had just killed a man....

But asta asked him self why even though he was disgusted with him self, why did he feel like he did the right thing, like he didn't need to feel bad, like he served justice asta always believed that at the end of the day murder is still murder asta always believed no one truly deserves to die, it wasn't fair no one deserves to die early. But then why didn't he feel bad about taking this mans life this was the day asta learned the cold hard truth about the world, life isn't fair but at the same time it was, life is balanced but there is true evil in the world and from this day forward asta started to believe differently everything happens for a reason and this man's reason for dying is for messing with a pi*sed off main character, who can't control his own magic.

(wait jk jk 😂 ok ok let me restart)

And this mans reason for dying was because of his own choices that lead up to this point it was his own fate, but his fate wasn't set in stone.

By the time asta stoped thinking, he realized he had tears on his face asta then looked over at the to kids who had splattered blood on them asta then apologized to them, for well traumatizing them the two siblings said it was fine still scared asta then looked the two apples where drenched in blood. asta sighed and gave the two some of his breed and water since the apples where well drenched in blood and gave them some of his clothes they didn't know how they could repay the kind but scary boy but asta simply said there was no need the two siblings then ran off hoping they would never have to witness murder again.

But to see the kind boy again, asta then set off leaving the crime scene sobbing still feeling disgusted with him self he then ran into a man who would change his life forever "A-asta I-is it really you".

You have reached the end of chapter 4 please vote and leave a comment💖