Chapter 4- A Game Of Soccer Anyone?

Beginne am Anfang

I let the words sink in before my anger took over "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU COULD BE SUCH AN ASSHOLE! I'M GROUNDED BECAUSE OF YOU!" I took deep breaths trying to calm myself down. I regretted screaming now, my ears were ringing and judging by the pained face of my brother and neighbour their ears were hurting too. In your face suckers!

"Yeah well at least I'm not flirting with guys to let me stay at their house" he spat with disgust. "That's going a bit far dude" Jake said in a warning tone in the background. I had trouble processing the words, shock flowing through my body.

My own brother thought that of me. Chase realized too late what he had said "Shit I'm sorry Mia I didn't mean it you know that" he pleaded looking back at me.

I shook my head "No it's fine Chase it's good to know what you really think of me" I closed my eyes to keep the tears at bay, thankfully we had reached home. Taking my bags with me I run up to my room. By the time I got to my room, tears were streaming down my face.I locked the door and threw myself at the bed. Chase came pounding on my bedroom door moments later but I ignored his pleas my crying only increasing, I was on a fresh round of tears when my phone rang. I answered without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Amelia he didn't mean it" Jake's voice said on the other end of the line.

I sigh "I don't care what he thinks Jake" I quickly wiped my nose with a tissue.  

"Oh? , Then why are you crying in your room?" Jake said, I froze, how did he know that? As if he could read my mind he sighed, before replying my unasked question "Look out at your balcony" I turned to see Jake standing outside.

I gasp ending my call and opening the balcony doors "What are you doing here?" I hissed unnecessarily.  

"Checking up on you duh!" he said taking a step inside to look around my room. Was he serious? "Ha ha, well you can leave now" I respond walking back to my bed, he sighs before following me.

"You know you're making this caring act really hard for me" he said annoyed while I flopped onto the bed burying my face into the pillow.

"Maybe you should drop it then" I reply grumpily though my words were muffled by my pillow.

Jake took a seat beside me running his hand through his hair as I turned to look at him. "Amelia I'm sure he didn't mean it. He was just being an angry jerk" his blue eyes were piercing into my hazel ones. Is it possible to get lost into someone's eyes? Because that’s exactly what I feel right about now.

"Yeah I guess" I say reluctantly, I guess I can't really be angry seeing as Chase was pretty pissed.

I look at the boy next to me and scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. Jake seems like a really sweet guy and nothing at all like the twins described...the sweet moment didn't last long though. "So Daniel huh?" he cocked an eyebrow.

I groaned rolling my eyes "We're friends, I didn't flirt myself an invitation if that's what you're thinking".

"Hey I was just joking around" he raised his hands in mock surrender "So you gonna forgive Chase now?" he asked hesitantly.

I let out a laugh "I've already forgiven him I'm just going to let him sweat it out a little, did he tell you to check up on me by the way?" I raise an eyebrow.

"U-u-hh no?" he said though it came out more as a question. My eyebrow if possible went further up "No?" I watched him fidget, laughing.

I went over to my bedside table and got my Ipod out searching for the song "Aha!" I cried out before placing the Ipod on its dock, the sound of Avril Lavinge's ‘What the hell’ flowing through the room. I looked back at Jake to see him staring at me with amusement? What is with these LA boys around here and finding me amusing?