𝟮𝟱 | 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝟭 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵, 𝗜'𝗱 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵.

tw: mentions of murder, sexual assault, statutory rape and suicide.

•✩•

•✩•

"Stabbed thirteen times in the abdomen." Hotch said as he walked back to the group, pulling his latex gloves off as he did.

Amari nodded, "Definitely personal."

"These people couldn't have all wronged the unsubs in such a way that they'd seek revenge. The numbers don't add up." Spencer furrowed his brows.

"Well then we look for something the victims have done to wrong others." Derek replied. "Our suspect list isn't someone whose close to the victims, they're close to people the victims have wronged."

"Right," Emily nodded. "But we'd better look closely at the first victim because there's no way the unsubs know people who all have problems with current or past teachers."

JJ listened and then pulled out her phone. "I'll update Garcia."

Amari and her walked to the car as the rest of the team carried on poking around the scene.

"Hey Pen." Mari smiled when she answered the phone.

"Hi my loves, give it to me." Penelope's cheery voice sounded through the phone.

JJ spoke first, "Look specifically into the background of the first victim. One of the unsubs are most likely close to someone the victim has wronged."

"Alright," she drew out the word as she typed. "I'll hit you back when I have something. Garcia out."

"We better get back to the station," Hotch walked towards them with the rest of the team.

Everyone got into whichever SUV was closest and they sped to the police station. They walked inside and instantly drew the attention of the whole department. Amari smiled awkwardly as she walked with Derek to the conference room they had been given, partially hiding behind him from all the prying eyes.

"I hate it when they stare at us, it gives me the shivers." Spencer wriggled his fingers and then balled them into a fist in an effort to get rid of that terrible feeling.

Mari nodded and looked out the glass doors of the conference room to see that people were still staring.

"And they don't stop either." She muttered and looked up at Derek.

He shook his head as a small smile formed on his lips and moved to stand in front of her so that she couldn't see the people outside and they couldn't see her.

"Better?" He asked softly, his voice cracking lightly from how deep it had gone.

Amari gulped as she looked up at him. His face was inches away from hers and if she'd taken one step further, her body would be pressed up against his.