Chapter 1

Shaina pov

The water was unstable. Mermaids and merman are seen moving everywhere. Children are heading to one direction with yellow tailed mermaids, the amberians. The heavily protected guards quickly took their places. Every other creature headed towards one direction including the tinest fish. Soon, the alarm horn sounded indicating that the god of the ocean is on his way to Aquaris, the kingdom of the merfolks.
Quickly, i moved through the coral reefs swiftly to the palace. I had to inform my mistress ,the queen.
After a longswim, I got to the beautiful golden structure standing proudly at my front . Not many commoners like me have been entitled to the main palace of aquaris. Seeing i was wasting time admiring the place i see everyday, i quickly swam up the spiralling corners to the queen's chambers.

" Your Majesty"
" You should get ready for the arrival of Poseidon", i said calmly wanting to not ignite another anger in the depressed queen. Just last night, the king and queen had a fight concerning the sexuality of their first son after he was seen kissing his male lover. As the heir to the throne, Jofah was meant to be with a female .....
" Shaina, do you think Poseidon would notice my sadness by looking at my face", said queen Emara as she looked at her face in the glassy stone.
" My queen, your beautiful look is very deceptive to hide any emotions", i said.
" Okay, lets get dressed", she said
" Yes, my queen"
I used the screeches to call other assistants to dress the queen. After sometime, we all headed out to the welcome the August visitor