Chapter 1

Matt's pov

"What would you like to have sir?", a sweet voice asks above me.

I look up towards the voice and see the waitress smiling down at me. The first thing I notice is her golden blonde hair that was tied into a neat ponytail. The edges of her brown eyes were crinkled with her smile. She looks to be about my age however the bags underneath her eyes were noticeable against her pale skin, I'm guessing this might be her part time job.

I return my gaze to the menu.

"I will have the um...", I can't continue as the words get stuck in my throat.

"He'll have the cheese pizza and I'll have the pepperoni one, thank you.", my older brother, Jack, answers for me. Sighing in relief I shoot my brother a grateful look.

Jack has dark brown hair that falls naturally onto his face in perfect curls,lime green eyes inherited from our father, and sharp, well-defined features. As the quarterback of his football team, Jack stands at 6'3 and has a strong build He is a very extroverted and boisterous sibling who is also quite supportive.

Anyway, please allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Matthew but everyone calls me Matt. I'm 16, with brown hair and blue eyes that I inherited from my mother, and I'm about 5'6". I'm aware that I'm short for my age.

"How do you feel about tomorrow?"" he asks curiously

"I'm very nervous." I confess.

My first day of high school will be tomorrow. My social anxiety has prevented me from going to an actual school for the past three years. My brother, on the other hand, has been gone since the beginning and will soon begin his senior year. I've only ever been comfortable with Jack and my parents. This is going to be quite the experience.

"You're going to be OK. You'll meet a lot of new people and maybe even find a girlfriend." Jack smiled.

That made me smile. It will be nice to have a group of friends.

-

When I woke up next morning, I couldn't concentrate. I didn't even realize we'd arrived at school until Jack informed me. The school is enormous, and there are a lot of students around.Ten minutes in and I already feel like I am going to have a heart attack, but at least Jack stayed with me and showed me around the school.

"Hey Jack, is that you buddy?" someone exclaimed.

I turned around and I saw two guys giving my brother a slap in the back and a one-armed hug.

"Hey dude, it's been a long time since we've seen each other. "Jack exclaimed.

"I know," the brunette replied, "and who is this?" he pointed at me.

"Guys, this is Matt, my younger brother, who just joined today." "This is Kyle," he says, pointing to the brunette, "and this is Jace, pointing towards the blonde says, introducing them

"H-hi," I said, my gaze falling on my sneakers.

"He's so short! What year?" Jace asks.

'Why do people always have to comment about my height?' I thought bitterly.

I realized I hadn't answered his question and won't be so Jack answered for me.

"He's a sophomore and he's also shy.

"Oh well don't be shy, little guy."Jace said.

"We are friendly. "Kyle added.

Five minutes later Jack left . 'Seriously bro? Damn it.'

I decided to go to the main office and get my schedule.While coming out I smacked into someone and fell down.

"Ooof" I puffed. I am so clumsy.

"Watch where you're going kid," the guy I bumped into growled.

"Hey, are you alright I saw what happened there." a female voice said.

"uh I am fine wait... do I know you? You look familiar." I replied.

"Oh yeah, I took your order yesterday."

"Yeah right."

"So, what's your name?" she says "What grade are you in?" she asks eagerly

"Uh I am Matt and I am a sophomore."

"Oh my goodness! I, too, am Jessica "she exclaimed as she punched the air.

"Uh..." I said, stunned by her vigour.

"By the way, stay away from Isaac, the guy who you bumped into. "Jessica informed me.

"okay. Sure"

-

Suddenly I collide with someone and manage to stay upright.

"I said watch it kid."

'Shit it's Isaac'

Suddenly I feel myself being picked up and slammed against a locker.

__________

A/N What do you guys think is going to happen next.

If you see any mistakes please so tell me as it's the first time I am writing a story

Hopefully you guys will like it. 

Please vote, comment and share this story.