iv | dumbledore's army

»————⋆◦★◦⋆————«

»————⋆◦★◦⋆————«

Josephine Sagitta was an atrocious witch.

The news of not even one, but two American exchange students had stimulated the entirety of Hogwarts' curiosity in no time. It hadn't even been a day when the two girls constantly felt inquisitive eyes on them. However, the sudden interest soon died out. Not entirely, but the girls were able to walk across the school without any privacy. The students were convinced that Hazel and Josie, although they have a peculiar, unusual style, are no different from them. Notwithstanding, they couldn't have been more wrong.

It wasn't hard to see that Josie had made a lot of mistakes. Even though she had learned theoretically everything he needed, when she had to perform in classes, something always went wrong. For example, instead of removing a box of mice in a Transfiguration class, she removed the box, and the escaped mice turned the panicked class into chaos.

Of course, how could she have been a successful witch?

Although Dumbledore was a great wizard, his magic powers in the stele were only enough for the minimum. Fortunately, everyone around Josie labelled such incidents as her just not belonging to the most talented individuals.

"Excuse me, pink lady."

Josie's voice was almost sucked in by the noise of the hallway as students emerged from classrooms like a hurricane, almost knocking each other over. As a result, the young Shadowhunter bumped into someone at whose sight Josie would have liked to have covered her eyes. She loved pink, but the lady's entire outfit was in a blinding pink colour.

The woman turned around to face the girl, appearing slightly offended by the form of address she used. "It's Professor Umbridge for you," she wrinkled up her nose.

Professor Dolores Jane Umbridge reminded her of a gigantic, pale toad. Her big, round eyes sent shivers down the girl's spine, and the fluttery, girlish, high-pitched voice that she used made her even more uncomfortable in the woman's presence. Josie heard tales, or horror stories, about the newest professor of the school, and she made up her mind about Umbridge without even meeting her.

"Oh, I apologise," Josie pulled her mouth into an endearing smile. "You seemed so lovely and young, I didn't think you were a teacher, Professor."

One thing Josie had an outstanding talent for was charming people. And thanks to this, her bland words quickly made an effect. Dolores Umbridge, as if she had forgotten the mannerless greeting at a glance, changed her gaze to inquisitive.

"Are you new?"

"Yes," the girl stated with a nod. "Josephine Sagitta."

A hint of recognition flew across the teacher's face. "One of the American students," she noted.