Getting Together and First Kiss

Both Derek and Spencer were relieved when they had reached their hotel room for the night, not even caring that they were being forced to share.

"I'm glad our room was only on the second floor, easier to take the stairs," Derek commented as he sat down on his bed.

Spencer nodded as he sat down on the other bed, letting his go bag and satchel drop at his feet. "Wasn't really looking forward to another elevator," he admitted.

Derek snorted. "Yeah, neither was I."

"At least I didn't freak out," Spencer teased as he looked over at Derek with a smirk.

"Hey!" Derek objected, turning to look at the younger agent. "I didn't freak out."

Spencer shook his head and tapped his temple. "Memory, Morgan. You definitely freaked out."

Derek rolled his eyes. "You freaked out, too." He stood up and grabbed his go bag, shifting through it for a pair of pajamas, then looked over at Reid. "Do you mind if I take first shower?"

Spencer shook his head. "Not at all. I'll most likely just grab one in the morning," he said as he reached for his own bag.

Derek nodded and went in the bathroom.

When Spencer heard the door lock, he quickly grabbed a pair of pajamas and changed, then switched out his contacts for his glasses. He climbed back into bed and got underneath the blankets, relaxing back against the headboard. Spencer then allowed himself to get lost in thought. There was something that he had been meaning to talk to Derek about for a while, and he hadn't really been sure when to bring it up. Whenever he found the chance, something else would get away and he kept putting it off.

He was pulled from his thoughts when he heard the bathroom door and Derek came out, dressed in nothing but a pair of sweats and a towel wrapped around his neck.

Spencer made sure to not look up until he was sure Derek was in bed. He jumped slightly when he felt the bed dip in front of him. Spencer looked up and then saw it was Derek.

"You okay, kid?" Derek asked.

Spencer swallowed and nodded. "Yeah, just thinking."

Derek smirked. "When aren't you?" he teased then leaned forward, ruffling Spencer's hair.

Spencer mock glared at him as he ran a hand through his hair. He bit his lip and looked at Derek. "There's something, actually, that I've been meaning to talk to you about."

Derek sat up a little straighter at that and turned to be sure he was giving his full focus. "What is it?"

"It's something I've been thinking about actually," Spencer began, pushing glasses up a little on his nose. "With Gideon leaving the way he did and the events that surrounded that, I've done a lot of thinking-"

"You're not leaving, kid, right?" Derek asked, cutting Spencer off. "I will drag your skinny ass back to Garcia's lair and chain you to the wall. We're all here if you need someone to talk to, you know that."

Spencer nodded. "I know, and I swear I appreciate it. This has nothing to do with leaving or a possibility of me leaving. C'mon, why would I leave the BAU?"

Derek smiled at that. "What's this about then?"

Spencer took a deep breath. "You."

Derek blinked in surprise. "Excuse me?"

Spencer sighed. "I told you, I've been thinking about this for a while," he explained.

"How long is a while?"

Spencer bit his lip. "Since that case in Chicago," he said, his voice quiet. When he saw Derek stiffen, he winced. "I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be bringing that up-"

"Kid, kid, it's fine," Derek said, grabbing Spencer's hand. "It's fine. Now continue to explain, I swear. You're fine," he reassured.

Spencer blushed slightly and nodded. "Well, like I said, Gideon's leaving and possibly just seeing the way Max Ryan acted, I felt like I should act on things quicker. That I should be more forward on some certain things and I shouldn't wait for things to happen."

"Kid, you lost me," Derek told him. "This really doesn't make any sense to me-"

"I talk about you, too," Spencer stated bluntly, cutting Derek off. "When Emily and I went to talk to your family, one of your sisters knew who I was without meeting me before and said that you talk about me. Well, I talk about you to my mom, too."

Derek remained quiet, staring at Spencer. Spencer bit his lip and looked down to his lap. "I analyzed this the wrong way didn't I? God, I'm an idiot. I know we can't pretend like this didn't happen, but we need to-"

Spencer was cut off when he felt Derek's lips against his own. His eyes widened in surprise before instinct took over. He responded with the same intensity that Derek was giving him. They finally broke away when their lungs ached for air.

They sat, their foreheads touching and panting for breath. "So, I wasn't wrong?" Spencer asked, a nervous smile on his face as he slowly got his breathing back to normal.

Derek grinned and pulled him in for another kiss. "You couldn't be more right, Pretty Boy."