𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 - 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"We didn't know this was possible." Carlisle tells him. He steps in between the two people trying to limit the space between them.

Alice grabbed Natalia's hand to drag her back to where her and Jasper were standing.

"What is it?" Jacob asked the coven leader.

"I'm not sure. Ultrasounds and needles won't penetrate the embryonic sac." He answered.

Alice decided to speak, still holding Natalia's hand. "I can't see it, either. And I can't see Bella's future anymore."

Natalia frowned at what Alice had to say. She made eye contact with Rosalie, Natlaia just gave her a glare and turned her attention back into the conversation.

" We've been researching legends, but there isn't much to go on. What we do know is that it's strong. And fast-growing." Carlisle says.

"Why haven't you done anything? Take it out of her!" Natalia rolled her eyes at his comment.

"It's not your choice Jacob." Natalia softly tells him.

She didn't agree with Bella's decision at all. Bella was going to die and leave Edward to take care of her devil baby.

"This is one of your business, dog." Rosalie spites.

Esme takes in her motherly instincts and raises her voice. "Rose! All this fighting is not good for Bella." 

"The fetus isn't good for Bella!" Natalia yells out.

"Say the word Natalia. 'Baby'. It's just a little baby." Rosalie tells her.

Rosalie takes a few steps into Natalia's personal space. Natalia raises her eyebrow at the woman, as if she is silently asking her to start something she wouldn't finish. Jasper takes a step closer to Natalia feeling the anger radiate off of her. He grabs her hand and looks at his sister.

"Possibly." He tries to clear the tension.

"Carlisle, you've got to do something." Jacob pleads.

"No!" Bella yells. Everyone's attention turns to her. "It's not his decision. It's not any of yours."

"Jacob I need to talk to you." Edward motions for the werewolf to follow him outside.

Natalia watches as the boys walk away. Natalia looks at Bella. She acknowledges that Bella wants that thing that is living inside of her, but Natalia knows that she is making the wrong decision. Natalia gives Rosalie one last death stare and walks up to her bedroom.

••••

Natalia had spent the rest of the day in her room. She laid on her bed, staring up at her ceiling. Just lost in thought. She recalled all of the moments in her life that led up to where she was now. How her friendship with her two best friends were slowly demising, how her new brother-in-law is going to lose his true love.

A knock on the door brings her out of thought.

"One moment!" She yelled.

Natalia knew that it wouldn't be Bella, and she knew that Jasper wouldn't knock, so she wondered who it could be. Natalia pulled on a pair of sweatpants and opened the door. Her eyes widened at the sight of him.

"Edward! Is there anything I can help you with?" She asked him.

He gave her a weak smile. "Wanna go hunting?"

"Sure. Meet you outside." She closed her door and went to put her tennis shoes on. The feeling of hunger getting stronger.

Edward stood looking out farther than the tree line. Natalia took a moment to look at him. He looked almost as bad as Bella. He was paler than normal, never wore a smile, always looked sad.

"Ready."

Edward nods and leads her into the deep woods. They run for a few minutes. Natalia could tell that he needed a few moments to just feel the wind through his hair and feel free.

"I need to have a bunny or something before we continue." She stops.

He looks at her and nods. Both use their senses for a small animal or something. Natalia found a squirrel climbing out of a tree. She snuck her teeth into the tiny thing and then left it on the ground of leaves. Natalia sat on a log waiting for Edward to get done.

When he finally appeared from the trees, Natalia decided to break the ice.

"Are you going to tell me why you asked him to come out here?" She grabbed his attention.

He laughed. "Can't I just hang out with my brother fiancee?" 

"Not when your wife is dying." She blurts out.

He walked over to the big log that she was sitting on and sat next to her. "I can't be in that room anymore.   It's killing me to watch this all happen."

"Well at least it's not literally killing you." She tried to lighten the mood. He just looked at her with a blank stare. "Not funny."

"I'm sorry Edward, that I'm not down there. It's just I've never had that motherly instinct. I don't have any sympathy for Bella right now." She tells him her truth. "And if I have to listen to Rosalie call it a baby one more time I am going to throat punch her."

That got Edward to laugh. "She hated Bella! Now she is her number one protector." He tells her.

"It's because of that thing in her stomach."

"I don't know what I'm going to do if she doesn't end up turning." he said.

Natalia knew all about the plan to turn Bella. They were going to wait until the last minute after the baby was out.

"We just have to hope she will." She said.

"Did you believe in God?" He asked her.

"My abuela had photos hanging up all over the house. My mom used to be super religious, but I think after my dad died, it was hard for her to believe in someone that took her husband away."

Edward nodded at her story. "I hope that, if he doesn't make it, she will go to heaven."

"If she doesn't, you're still going to have to be strong because you could possibly be having a baby girl or boy." She tells him.

"It sounded like it was hard for you to say that." He smiled at her.

"Shut up. I'm hungry."

Natalia grabs his hand and goes to look for her next kill. Edward and Natalia were never close until she turned. They still weren't best friends but had a mutual understanding that they would always be here for each other.

 They still weren't best friends but had a mutual understanding that they would always be here for each other