14 ➤ Alone

14 ➤  Alone

   After a week of Prefect duty Alana started showing up to the Great Hall and her classes in sweatpants and hoodies. The professors didn't mind it, she was still the same quiet and intelligent girl, yet Draco and Theodore seemed a little bit weirded out by it. 

   "Don't you have something more comfy, Ally?" joked Theo, "Those pants must be so tight and unbearable."

   The witch rolled her eyes and ignored his comment. Draco recognized the big, deep and dark circles around her eyes and furrowed his eyebrows together. Though the witch was the exact and total depiction of beauty, she looked out of place with that tiredness plastered to her skin. "Are you getting enough sleep?" Draco asked at the very end of the Potions class, when him, his two friends and Alana were walking out the big doors and marched hungrily towards the dining room.

   "Yes," lied her, "Why are you asking?" 

   "Well, you look dead-" Blaise was interrupted by Nott sending him a pair of evil eyes. "What?"

   The curly-haired boy came up to Alana, starting to walk at her pace. She didn't mind his presence, it was the less annoying one of them all. "You don't look dead," his arm rolled around her waist and they walked together towards the Great Hall.

   The truth was, Alana was taking advantage of her role as Prefect and began exploring around the castle more. Sometimes, her three friends would magically disappear into thin air out of her sight and she was bothered that she never knew where they were, although it wasn't exactly her business to begin with. Still, at nights, after checking on the library and the lavatories, Alana walked a bonus walk around the corridors and checked every open door. 

   Yet they were nowhere to be found. Not any night.

   "Who would've ever known? Nott and Ivanov, together." Blaise smirked from behind the two, and they quickly unwrapped their hands from each other's waists and looked behind at the same time.

   "We're not together!" they said.

   Draco and Blaise exchanged looks, and so did Theo and Alana before bursting into laughter. "Really?" said Draco with his stern voice and narrowed eyes. "Then what's with the hugging in the Common Room, kissing and holding hands, you non-love-birds? Please."

   There was a tone of sassiness in Draco's voice which annoyed Alana, but she kept it together before replying. "We only kissed once, at the party. I was zooted out of this Earth." At the memory of that night, she gulps, knowing how weird it felt to talk about that specific night with Draco. 

   "We could always do a sequel if you'd like-" Before Theodore could finish his sentence he was punched in the stomach by no other than Alana.

   The students arrived at the Slytherin table where they sat down and everyone proceeded to eat, except for Alana, who'd immediately opened a book and started writing notes on its' pages. Half an hour in, owls started flying in the daylight of the charmed ceiling, dropping into the hands of the students big boxes and bags coming from their homes.

   "I forgot all about mail," stated Theodore when a small package arrived into his big palms. He opened it rather quickly and it revealed a black green-dotted neck bow for occasion shirts. 

   "What the fuck is that, mate?" Blaise laughed at the piece of clothing the poor boy was holding onto, as in his head fell a paper-bag of some kind, filled with dried lavender and lemon slices.