But she stopped when she heard the breathing. Heavy breathing. Like someone was completely out of breath. It was from just outside the door.

She locked the door quickly, and spared a glimpse out the peephole.

The alcohol bottle Montgomery grabbed before leaving was smashed on her porch. Montgomery himself, sitting right in front of the door.

*****

"And how long have you fucking known?!"

Zach didn't touch Justin, but his words alone felt like a slap to the face.

Justin felt like the wind was being knocked out of him as he heard his friend's accusations.

"Known? I didn't know anything," Justin snapped at him. "I don't even think that's true!"

Ophelia had ran away. She literally ran away after telling Zach that she cheated on him, and that she wanted to break up with him.

She left Justin standing confused beyond belief as he tried to piece together what the hell just happened.

Zach was also confused. But more than that, he was angry. He was fucking furious.

At Ophelia. And at Justin, who he suddenly believed knew about Ophelia cheating on him.

"Bullshit!" Zach seethed loudly. He was gripping his crutches so tightly he felt his fingertips digging into the handles. "You were telling her to tell me. I fucking heard you! What the fuck!?"

Justin frowned, and snapped back, "I didn't know she was going to say that!"

"Then what the fuck did you think she was going to say?"

Before Justin could answer, Zach suddenly raised his right hand crutch over his head, and slammed it on the ground. His anger was obvious, and violent. So violent the handle of the crutch cracked.

"What the fuck did she tell you?"

Justin saw a look in Zach's eye that he had never seen before. Not since Ophelia was still with Montgomery the first time. And not since he first heard the tapes. It looked like Zach wanted to hurt him. But Zach didn't hurt people, right?

But even if he did, Justin wasn't scared. He'd been hurt by far more dangerous people before.

"I can't tell you-"

"Fuck you, Justin!"

Justin was surprised at the pain in his voice.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Why the fuck did you bring me out here? For my fucking girlfriend to tell me she was cheating on me and-and for her to fucking break up with me?"

Justin stepped back as Zach came closer.

"I don't think she broke up with you," Justin tried. "I mean-not really. She's upset about something. Fucking Monty probably said something-"

"When?" Zach snapped. "When the fuck was she talking to him?"

Justin suddenly shouted, "Calm down, Zach! You know she didn't fucking cheat on you!"