chapter 39

Lacey

It had been two weeks.

Two words, eight letters, three hundred and thirty six hours, twenty-thousand one hundred and sixty seconds, and each moment was more agonizingly slow and painful than the last.

It had been two weeks since I had talked to the love of my life. I have gone two weeks without hearing his beautiful voice, kissing him, loving him. My wolf and I were both going through hell, and we couldn't take it.

It was close to impossible to eat anything, I felt sick every moment. I couldn't bear looking at him - his long eyelashes brushing against his cheeks, his dark hair flopping against his forehead in the way I love most.

I lay on the cold, harsh hospital bed, never letting go of Xavier's strong hand. Different members of the pack came and and payed their respects to their sleeping Alpha, but didn't dare say a word to me. I didn't bother to look up from the bed, or even move. Everything hurt so much.

"Please eat something." Bryce begged. I soon felt him kneeling beside the bed, keeping his movements slow and gentle - making sure he wouldn't startle me. He hesitantly reached an arm over my slightly protruding belly, and placed a water bottle and sandwich next to me.

I shakily drank the liquid, feeling relieved once my throat stopped aching from the dryness. I then proceeded to eat the sandwich, taking little bits each time so that I wouldn't feel sick. I then heard my brother sigh in relief, and rub my shoulder in a comforting matter.

"He's going to wake up, Lacey. He's strong." Bryce mumbled truthfully. I felt tears wells up in my eyes, and my head starting to spin. My throat burned, and I clenched my tiny fists into Xavier's shirt.

"What if he doesn't, Bryce? Then what will I do? He c-can't leave me." I sobbed, tears finally escaping my tired eyes. The warm liquid trickled down my skin, not ceasing when Bryce wrapped his arm and my shoulder to bring me into his embrace.

I cried, now gripping onto Bryce's back like he was all I had left. I felt a large hand run up and down my back, along with comforting words being murmured into my ear. It didn't matter, now. Nothing did.

Xavier was my world. He is my world, I wouldn't replace him for anything. He saved me, when I had no one, he rescued my from both myself and others.

He was there to kiss the self inflicted scars, along with the ones my father had caused. He sewed my heart back together. No, he did more than that. He made me fall completely, utterly and overly in love with him.

"Everything will be fine." He said, pulling back. I kept my gaze shifted towards my feet, my heart slamming against my chest as I went through all the possible scenarios on what could happen.

"What if it's not?" I whispered, another round of tears blurring my vision. Bryce sighed, running a shaky hand through his hair.

"Then I, and the pack will help you get through this. I love you sis, get some sleep." He said, before kissing my forehead. I nodded gingerly, laying back besides Xavier's emotionless body. The light flickered off, and soon I was surrounded by darkness.

"I love you so much." I sobbed quietly into my mates chest. For a second, I thought that I felt his heart beat pick up against me, making my stomach drop.

"P-please wake up Xavier, please. I need you. Our baby needs you." I trembled, my heart clenching at the thought of my Xavier being gone forever. My hand was placed on his beating heart. Every pump made my heart surge with just a tiny, small bit of hope that I truly needed by now.

"I love the way you throw your head back when you laugh, and how you grab your stomach. I love how your eyebrows furrow up when you're concerned, or thinking. I love how you have to wear glasses to read, and how you wear them on the bridge of your nose. I love it when you stare at me like I'm the most precious jewel in the world. I love how you always rub my tummy, and talk to our baby everyday. I love how you can cook, and how you always hum slightly while doing it. I love your smile so damn much, and how your eyes twinkle with amusement when I do something stupid. I love that stupid smirk you have, and how your eyebrows wiggle whenever I say something that sounds even a little bit sexual. I love how smart you are, and how much you appreciate everyone in this pack. I love your protectiveness of me, and all of us. I love everything about you." I sniffled truthfully, a small smile curling at my lips.