Everyone was on the floor below you and Hotch for some reason and they all got off the stop before you. It was just you and Hotch left in the elevator and the tension felt in there was insane. Neither of you wanted to talk yet had a head full of thoughts to say.

Jesus christ I wish he would just say something or do something. Anything would be better than this.

The elevator dings and you and Hotch step out at the same time, partially rubbing your arms against each other before you walk a bit faster than him to reach the door. You pulled your card out and stuck it in the slot but the thing turned red. The fuck

You pulled it out and stuck it back in and it turned red again. Oh my god. You tried one more time and it did not work. That is when Hotch scoffed slightly and took his card out and tried his. Just your luck, his card worked the first try.

"Of course," you mumbled to yourself so Hotch could not hear you as you opened the door for yourself and walked into the room. WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE HATE ME. there was only one bed.

You threw your bag down on the floor, "I'm going to the bathroom I'll be back." Those were the only words spoken between you and hotch yet that night. You walked yourself into the bathroom. You didn't even have to pee you just needed to sit for a second

What the hell.

I can't do this.

He's gonna think I'm taking a massive shit.

I need to get out, fuck.

You flushed the toilet for no reason before walking out of the bathroom and there stood Hotch, with his back turned away from you, completely shirtless and in Blackwatch plaid pajama pants. You stared. He had incredible back muscles that were defined in every place you looked and his arms were buff and muscled.

I'd let him strangle me with those. DID I REALLY JUST THINK THAT? oh my god, y/n shut up why the fuck are you thinking that.

You cleared your throat slightly because you had no other way of letting him know you were there. "Hotch, um I can go back into the bathroom if you want to finish getting changed. Sorry I didn't mean to walk in on you changing."

He turned around shocked and slightly embarrassed. "Oh y/n it is okay I'll just put a shirt on and leave so you can change," he said seriously not really making eye contact with you and talking in a deep voice.

"Can we talk about it?" You blurted out not even thinking. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU Y/N?

"Sure, about what?" he said, again making as little eye contact with you as he put a black t-shirt on. WHAT? Did he just. i- is he pretending like that did not happen? Did none of that matter to him?

"You... the office... i-" you started before you became suddenly embarrassed. "Just forget it." You were about to end the conversation and you turned around to grab a pillow to sleep on the floor but you decided differently.

"You know what, fuck it." You said to yourself. "Are we just forgetting what you did to me in your office?" You turned back around and slightly yelled at him. You took steps closer to him and you knew that a screaming match was going to break out.

"I don't know what you are talking about y/n," he said sternly back. You were completely dumbfounded by Hotch acting like a complete asshole and you lost your shit. "OH, SO THAT'S HOW YOU ARE PLAYING IT."

Hotch managed to play extremely calm while you were screaming. You continued to scream at him, "So we are just forgetting that you yelled at me in your office for half an hour OVER SPENCER REID for no apparent reason." Your steps increased and you were practically running at him.