chapter I - the stranger

Initially, Y/N never thought that after the Resistance won the war she'd become a babysitter, but here we are. She had trained as a jedi beside Rey, and had contributed immensely in the fall of the Empire. In other words, people were trusting their kids in the hands of a trained killer. ( Ha ha that was my attempt at comedy, so please don't click off this story )

It was in a way calming for Y/N to take care of children. She loved them, and always found her talent to be calming children quickly and effectively, besides her abilities in the Force. Just hand her a raging baby and it'd have been taken care of in a matter of seconds.

On Koza, the planet she resided on, most of the other residents in her town had children, meaning she would usually have a gig lined up during the weekends when the parents wanted to go out on a date. It was a decent paying job, and her life was simple. Nothing major ever happened since she left the Resistance to live a quiet life, and she kind of liked it that way.

Although, there were of course days where she wished she were out on the battlefield, or training with Rey, or maybe even in a meeting with her fellow Resistance members. Those meetings were boring, but she did miss them. She missed the excitement of flying an X-wing, and the rush of adrenaline when she was duelling with Rey. And she couldn't even begin to explain how much she missed Leia, Han, Luke and her other friends. They were like a second family to her in a way. Back then she was only 18, and they took her in with open arms, which was something she'd never forget.

It had been 5 years since the fall of the Empire and her time as a jedi for the Resistance, and since then she hasn't had any trouble... Until today.

-

"Thank you, Y/N. Honestly what would we do without you?" Mr and Mrs. Roqa smiled at Y/N, who just finished what was now her fifth job at the Roqa's. She smiled at the two, grabbing her coat from the peg near the front door. "It's not a problem at all, Mrs. Roqa. If you ever need someone to watch Mayla, remember you can always give me a call!" Y/N smiled, before exiting the house. "Alright dear. And if you ever need anything we're always happy to help."

Y/N nodded at the woman, waving at Mayla who squirmed through the gap between her mother and father to send her off. "Good night Y/N!" "Good night to you too, Mayla." Y/N answered, grinning at the 7 year old girl. She turned to walk away, brushing a strand of her hair away from her face as she heard the hiss of the Roqa's door closing. Y/N shivered. Tonight was windy, and cold, which she knew was the norm in Renna and the whole of Koza. Something Y/N still hadn't gotten accustomed to even though she'd been living in Renna for 5 years, was the weather. It wasn't freezing or snowing all the time per se, it was just really chilly. Sort of like living in a giant refrigerator.

Glancing at her watch, she sighed. It was 11 PM. Tonight Y/N hadn't brought her speeder, and was beginning to honestly regret that. She hadn't expected the Roqas to get back so late. Although Renna, her town, was fairly safe, it was important for her to keep wary, as she did make a few enemies while working with the Resistance, one of them being of course, the Empire. "At least I brought my lightsaber." Y/N muttered.

After exiting the neighbourhood she knew it would be another block or so to get to her own, so she walked at a fast, but steady pace. While doing so, Y/N looked at the many flora surrounding the resident's houses, taking in their beautiful colours. Even at night, the plants' colours never failed to mesmerize her as the moonlight illuminated them beautifully. She truly did make the right choice when choosing which planet to live on. Smiling, she continued on her journey.

Entering a particularly dark and narrow part of the neighbourhood, Y/N could sense a presence in the Force. The person's presence... No, the pair's presence were sinister. That wasn't good. After confirming two men were following her, Y/N stopped in her tracks, chuckling out bitterly. "You do realize that sneaking up on me will never work, right boys?" Her tone was sombre, with a hint of amusement laced within it somewhere.