Chapter 2: The Hunters And The Hunted

Zero's POV: Once again I'm stuck helping Yuki deal with all these annoying love struck girls. Don't they know that there all monsters! "Hey Zero quit spacing out over there!" Yuki said snapping me out of my thoughts just in time for the doors to open. As the girls started getting roudy I just glared at them and they stopped gawking over the monsters in front of them. Filthy vampires, I absolutely despise them; in my oppion, they should all die. After the night class got back to there dorm all the girls went back to the classrooms, and I was summonded by the headmaster. I headed to his office and opened the door, "Oh hello Zero, I'm glad you're here. You have a letter from the Vampire hunting association." I nodded as he handed me the letter with my task in it. I opened it and looked at the headmaster curiously. "Who's ____, (Last name)?" His head shot straight up and looked at me. "She's the newest member of the night class...why?" He asked concerned. "The association is after her." "WHAT WHY?!?!?" He said staring to freak out. "It says here she's in trouble for killing and drinking the blood of, level E's." I said monotonly. "I shall have a word with the head of the association, for now you may not do anything irrashional to _____." He said."But she's one of them." I growled. "Now Zero I know you don't necessarily like vampires, but as long _____ is a member of this academy, she is to be protected by not only me and you and Yuki, but by everyone at this academy." The headmaster stressed. I sighed with frustration. "Fine." I muttered, as I left his office and headed to class thinking, 'He doesn't understand it. None of them do. I am a hunter, and the hunters hunt the hunted. If this girl is my target then so be it. I am a hunter and she is the hunted.'