Chapter 23 - 𝑨 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝑲𝒆𝒏𝒎𝒂

Start from the beginning

Kenma raised an eyebrow at her. She didn't look like she had a leg injury or anything like that, and it was just a weird request overall.

He tried to evaluate her but she was wearing those baggy sweatpants that she never wore and a hoodie two sizes too big for her so it wasn't like he could tell either way.

[Y/n] pouted at her best friend who was just standing there and staring at her like he was some kind of lost child. "Pleaseee?" she cooed.

He made his way into [Y/n]'s room, and stopped right by her bedside. "Why can't you walk? Did you sprain your ankle or something?" Kenma innocently questioned.

"Yeah...something like that." She lied. [Y/n] tried to mask he facial expressions so he wouldn't catch onto her lie but it didn't seem to be working.

After knowing her for so many years it was obvious for him to detect when she was lying. "Why are you wearing so much clothes? You're going to pass out...." Kenma continued to pile questions onto her.

"Because i felt like it Kenma. Now make yourself useful and help me up." [Y/n] changed the subject, trying to sit upright on her bed.

That was a mistake on her behalf, because as soon as she did, Kenma spotted a dark mark on her neck. He reached his hand out to pull the hood off her hoodie to the side for a better look, but [Y/n] caught his hand before he got the chance to do anything.

Kenma started to get a bit more serious with her. "What the hell was that?"

"Nothing." [Y/n] quickly defended.

He shot the woman a glare. She didn't honestly expect him to believe that it was actually nothing after snatching his hand away like that did she? "If it's nothing then let me see."

"Come on Kenma it's nothing." [Y/n] smacked his hand away for the second time when he tried to sneak a peek again.

He hated the fact that his own best friend didn't trust him enough to just come clean. "The fact that you needed help getting out of bed and that you have a mysterious dark mark on your neck is really starting to concern me [Y/n]." He softened his tune.

[Y/n] cupped both of his cheeks with her hand and gave him a reassuring smile. "There's nothing for you to worry about Kenma."

Kenma went to mirror her actions and tell her her that wouldn't work on him but when he did follow through with it he noticed that there was some kind of pigment transferring over to his finger.

It was makeup.

Which was weird since she was inside her room doing nothing except lounging around. Why did she need to be wearing makeup?

Kenma swiped his finger some more and that's when he started noticing some discoloration in her face.

It was a bruise.

"Sorry...."

As [Y/n] was about to ask him what it was that he was apologizing to her for, she felt her back being pushed against the soft cushion of her mattress and both of her hands being pinned above her head. "Kenma!" She gasped, staring up at the male who was now straddling her.

She was unable to put up much of a fight thanks to Hinata though. Not just that, but It was too much of a burden to even bother, so she just accepted her fate. He would have found out eventually anyways.

Kenma didn't want to embarrass [Y/n] by just taking her hoodie off and seeing that it was all she had on, so he had to get her permission just to be sure. "Are you wearing a shirt underneath this?"

"Yeah." [Y/n] replied bitterly. Just because she accepted defeat didn't meant that she was just going to go down easily.

Kenma pulled her hoodie over her head but immediately regretted it once he saw all the other dark marks that littered her skin. "Holy shit [Y/n]..." He didn't know what to make out of this. When did hell did all this even happen, and how didn't he notice?

"Did Hinata do this?" That was the first explanation he came up with. But he couldn't quite understand why Hinata would do something like this to her. "Did you guys get into an argument or something?"

The woman kept her mouth shut.

"Talk to me [Y/n]." Kenma needed some kind of answers here.

Well....they did technically get into an argument, and this was technically the result of it...But [Y/n] knew that wasn't what he was thinking. How should she even begin to explain the bruises to him without it being awkward. "Well you see Kenma....when two people love eachother very much-"

"You've got to be kidding." He cut her off. Just then, It all suddenly clicked for him, why she couldn't walk on her own, the bruises, why she'd been gone for so long. "That's nasty." He scoffed, letting go of her.

"Hinata's really clingy okay. It's not my fault." She told him to calm down with the hickeys but he just seemed to have a personal goal of putting his mouth on every part of her body. Seriously. Everywhere.

The crazy part was most of the hickeys didn't even come from when they had intercourse. He gave her them afterwards. Kind of like a parting gift.

[Y/n] rolled her eyes at Kenma. "It's not my fault you wanted to know." If he'd minded his business like she told him to do in the first place then all of this could have easily been avoided.

Kenma clicked his tongue. "You really just let that man do whatever he wants to you, don't you?"

[Y/n] shot him a glare. "No."

The bodily bruises were all explained sure. But what about that hand print and bruise under her eye. "What are those all about." Kenma pointed to her neck and then brought his finger upwards to point at her eye.

"Hinata is really hands on in the bedroom..." She tried hiding her neck bruise once more.

"So he punched you in the eye?" That's a bit extreme.

"Oh no, this?" She rubbed some of the foundation off. "That's another hickey."

"On your face..?" What the fuck.

"Yeah.." She felt the same way at first. "But it's cute right?" She kind of liked it.

"No.." That wasn't normal. "Nobody does that."