Sullivan shot Sawyer a look that Ophelia had never seen before. It was shock mixed with anger. Did Sullivan know she was attracted to him?

Sullivan turned his angry eyes onto Ophelia. "Yes, it is like rubbing salt in the wound, and I don't know why you wouldn't want to after the way you were treated!" His voice was low and angry.

Ophelia bristled at his tone and a little from the embarrassment that she might have been found out. "I'm not vindictive like some people," she shot back, leaning forward. "Trust me when I tell you, hate only breeds more hate, anger only more anger!"

"And love only breeds more love!" Sawyer said, his smart tongue spitting it out before he thought better of it.

"What the hell does that mean!" Ophelia demanded.

Sawyer looked at her through bloodshot eyes, assessing the situation, realizing he might have said too much.

"I didn't sleep last night! Not a wink because I was too busy trying to keep my body parts away from his body parts because we had to share a bed. And let me tell you, Sullivan is a bed and a blanket hog. I heard him telling you that you would look at a house today, and I want him to get his own room because hate does breed hate, and if I have to share a room with him, I will end up hating him. Then I thought the opposite of that is that love breeds love, and I would like to love my brother." Sawyer sat back with a grin, pleased with his little speech.

Ophelia rolled her eyes at his long-winded speech that was highly suspect, but it was what she wanted to hear, so she decided to believe it.

"If I'm going to meet you in an hour, I need to go see your mother and make sure there is nothing that she needs." Ophelia closed her computer and gathered up her things. "Your room is clear if you need anything from there. I have not fed Polly yet-"

"Except for some sausage," Sullivan pointed out.

He was still feeling snarky.

"But I did take her out to do her business." Ophelia ignored his comment. If he didn't like how she was taking care of his dog, he could do it himself. Then with a nod, she left the two men alone at the table.

*******

Sullivan waited for Ophelia to get out of hearing range before he laid into Sawyer.

"What the hell was that!" he demanded of his brother.

The waitress chose that moment to bring over Sawyer's breakfast, and both men smiled their thanks at her, acting as if all was well.

"I'm sorry, but the way you two were watching each other eat was borderline pornographic!" Sawyer was on a roll. "The only thing missing was the 'boom chick a wow wow' music in the background!" He showed no remorse for his words as he dug into his breakfast.

"I think that's your sleep-deprived imagination playing tricks on you," Sullivan insisted, cutting his food more aggressively than he needed.

"Sure, but just be aware that what was ever was going on there," he pointed with his fork between Sullivan and Ophelia's plates, "was reciprocated."

"Nothing was going on there!" Sullivan insisted, laying his silverware down harder than he had intended.

"Tell me, when you found her asleep in your room yesterday, did you take a few minutes to watch her sleep?" Sawyer noted Sullivan's cheeks turn red in response.

"I get it, brother, there is nothing that will touch your heart more than watching the woman you love sleep. Seeing her with her guard down, wondering what she's dreaming about, and if it's you." Sawyer seemed to be talking about himself as much as he was Sullivan, and it gave Sullivan a moment's pause, but only a moment.