First Glimpse

There I was standing in the hallway. My body frozen. There are at least fifty girls in the commons right now, but my eyes are stuck on one girl. She was simply beautiful. She was just wearing a pair of light blue jeans and a t-shirt, but she looked beautiful in it. Her blonde hair flowed flawlessly down past her shoulders almost to her hips. She was holding a book and had headphones in her ears. Her face looked as if it were porcelain-just perfect. She walked so confidentially, like she should be. But she almost carried herself like she didn't know she was beautiful. She was the kind of beautiful that was indescribable. She didn't need makeup. She wasn't like a model, but she was still perfect.. Perfect to me. I wanted to talk to her. I wanted to get to know her.

But I snapped out of it when Josh shouted my name. He was walking up with the whole squad. "Whatcha staring at Ant?" I was going to point her out, but it looks like they already knew. Great. That's all I needed was for the guys that every girl fell for to notice her. "Bro, you don't wanna go for that." I gave Dylan a confused look. I looked back at her, then back at Dylan. "Do you see her? Why not?" I asked surprised. Dylan sighed and Josh shook his head looking at her. "What?" I asked curiously. "That girl, She's a nobody. What do you think people would think if you wanted to date her? Or even tried talking her.. Bro you're on the football team. You can't be seen with that. She isn't a Stephanie Walker." Dylan said. I looked back at her, shrugged, then looked back at them. Stephanie Walker was a twig cheerleader with long blonde hair. "I don't see why it matters." I said. "Ego my brother. Your ego is why it matters. Our ego. We are the best football players on the team. We need hot girls, not pretty little quiet ones. Trust me when I say, you'll be over her once you see some of those cheerleaders." Dylan said with a smirk. "That's what you want? A whore? I'm not trying to waste my time with those girls." I said confidently. "Bro chill. We're freshmen. I know you aren't trying to find a girl to marry the first year of high school. Besides, who wants an Emma Watson when you have a Megan Fox in front of you." Dylan said. I rolled my eyes. Dylan could be a real jerk sometimes. He drastically changed after seventh grade. He thought since he was good at football and became popular that he could be cocky and arrogant all the time. People wonder why I hang out with him considering I'm the exact opposite of him. I've known Dylan since I was in third grade. It's kind of hard to just cut someone off that you've known forever. The bell rang and I walked to my class. The only thing I could think about was her the whole school day.

After I got dropped off of the bus, I walked inside, went to my bedroom, and practically flew on my bed. I was so tired. I pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket. I was scrolling through Instagram when I saw a picture of Stephanie walker... With that girl. I jumped up. She's friends with Stephanie? I clicked on the picture and there was a name that popped up. She was tagged. It was her. Her name was Iris Hudson. She actually didn't seem quiet on Instagram. She seemed really social and she talked to a lot of people at school actually. She just had a different style than most of those girls. I looked at the follow button. My heart started racing. I thought about clicking on it. I couldn't do it. Why would a girl like that follow a guy like me? I went off of Instagram and called Josh. The phone rang but he didn't answer. I would've called Dylan but I don't want to talk to him more than I have to. Especially after today. I thought about it again. I decided to follow her. I mean, what could possibly happen? She won't want to talk or anything. I decided not to text Josh or Dylan. Maybe I do need to just leave her alone. I went downstairs to get my book bag. I pulled out my homework and started doing it. I turned on my music and worked away. My music stopped for a split second. I stopped to look at my phone and she followed me back. Wow. I shook my head and went back to my homework. I finished it in like thirty minutes tops. As I put it away I heard the door open from downstairs. Mom's home. I went downstairs. "Ant can you come help with the groceries?" She called. "Yeah." I slid on my shoes and walked outside to the car. The whole trunk was full of bags. Ugh. I grabbed four in one hand and three in the other. I marched up the tiny hill up toward my front door.

My little sister Bailey was waiting at the door. She opened it for me. "Hey bubby!" She said. "Hey princess. How was school?" I said. "My teacher read a story, we counted to twenty, and did our ABC's!" She said excited. I smiled and picked her up. "That's cool do you want to count for me?" I put her down. She counted until twenty. She was in kindergarten. She was probably my favorite person in the world. I loved having a little sister. She wasn't annoying like people say their siblings are. Maybe that's because she isn't that old, but I love her more than I love myself and she looks up to me like a god. I always told myself that I would never treat any girl in a way I wouldn't want my little sister being treated. Hell, I'll be waiting to hurt anyone who messes with her or hurts her in any way. It's my job to protect her. "Bubby can you help me get a cup please?" She said. "Of course, want me to lift you up or do you want me to grab it for you?" "Lift me up! Lift me up!" I picked her up and held her up to the cabinet. She opened it and grabbed a cup. I put her down. "Thanks bubby." I smiled and went back upstairs.

I was bored again so I got on my phone. I found myself scrolling through Instagram and I saw Iris post a picture. A to be honest picture. I thought about liking it, and I did. About two minutes later, she commented on my last picture. "Tbh, I have seen you around school. You seem cool. Maybe we should talk sometime?" My heart sank to my knees. She wants to talk to me? I commented back and said "I've see you around too & thanks. Also, my number is 317 555 3531 if you want to text me." I sat in shock. Then my heart almost popped out of my chest when my phone started ringing. No. Way. I couldn't look at it. Could it be Iris? No. I just gave her my number. I then looked over at my phone to see a picture of Dylan with Dyl Pickle under it. I slid to answer the call. "You scared the hell out of me Dyl. What do you want?" I said. "I saw." His tone of voice wasn't very approving. "What?" I asked. "Iris. Tbh. Your picture." I rolled my eyes. "So are you stalking my Instagram now? Dylan it doesn't matter. I can talk to who I want to talk to. Deal with it." It was silent for a second. "Ant, I'm only trying to help. Girls like that will never actually be able to carry a healthy relationship with a guy like you. Like me. Like the football team Ant! We get too many girls trynna flirt and those cheerleaders just have to have a guy from the team. Take a look Ant. See all those heart comments on your pics? That's what I'm talking about. You best be shoowin away all them girls if you trynna get with a girl like Iris. She ain't gonna want to share. And girls crazy as hell. They'll be trynna fight her so they could have you. Just saying Ant." He said. My phone vibrated. I lifted the phone from my cheek and it was a text from a random number. I guess that's her. "Dyl I appreciate you lookin out but I'm gonna be fine. I gotta go." I hung up and went to text Iris. She simply said "hey, it's Iris." I thought about what Dylan said. If we ever were to date, it really wouldn't be fair to her. I'm busy all the time. And there's too many girls trying to hang out and talk. I did want her, but I couldn't do that. I deleted her message and texted Dylan. "So what time are we hanging out tomorrow?"