Part 1

Part 1

I wait for the rain to calm down enough to run home. I pull up my hood and go. All I hear is my music and the soft foot falls on wet pavement. I run home quickly and swiftly. After a few minutes of running I am panting. I get up to the door and knock.  I wait a bit. No one answers. Someone is usually not home but I was hoping anyway. 

The old red creaky door with chipped off paint was not agreeing to open now. I needed to  get inside. I promised the reviewers I would be on. It finally budge open. I fell onto the carpet of the front hall. My cats white hair getting strayed in my dark strands. 

 I try to get up but my giant feet get in the way. Why do feet have to be 1/7 your height.  The cheap pair of glasses broke. The fake black, gold, and blue plastic marble fell of the floor along with the glass. I grab the bag in my back pocket to put the broken pieces in. 

I rush to my room. While in a haste I grab my new library book and throw my backpack on my bed. The soft light plump of the landing showed it was in the right spot. I slid into the wheeled chair and turned on the computer.

The login screen showed stars. I made it this so no one would think I am crazy. I type in the password. iG0Cr4ZyF0rB00Ks. It takes a second to logon then a slideshows of books I read came up. 

I move my cursor above the Google chrome icon. I open it up. The screen was black I saw my dark orbs dilated. I grab the more expensive glasses and put them on. Then they took awhile to go back to about normal size.

I write a quick review about the book I just returned and told everyone what I am reading next. Soon as I hit enter I have views.  At first I didn'tt think I could get this many followers.  I check the other social media sites making sure the link went through the account. All seemed fine.

Alex messaged me. Not unusually seeing how he is always on and never sleeps. 

He is this homeschooled boy who technically finished high school five years ago. But he refuses to go until he is 18 or now when I go. Both of us are 16.

Hey Rils, I see that you are on. Message me back ASAP.

As soon I finish reading the message I dissect it. Sometimes we put little meanings in it. Everything is normal until I read ASAP.

LEX CALM DOWN GIVE A SEC.

I responded back quickly. I was hoping that we can skype today while I clean my room.  I rub my feet against the flooring the carpet making the calming swish swish sound.  I made sure my boots were in the right spot. Not getting mud anywhere. 

I scour the internet looking for new book deals. I instead found some interesting fan art and fics. I look at my email as well to find the Advance readers copies email asking which books I like to sample.

Picking up the laptop and placing it on my bed I move my bag. Setting myself on the water bed I see a ball of white fur. I pick up the fluffy kitten and set him down curling him into me on the right side. 

Riy get on skype I have something to talk about

OKAY!

I got on and clicked his icon. A blue bubble popped up and it gave a loading appearance and I saw his face. The dirty blood hair. Startling green eyes that looked tired without a few days of sleep. He looks like a wreck.  He can rubbing his hand through his hair. When his hands weren't in his hair he scratch his hands or held a object. His hands were bright red. 

You look like a dump truck ran over you a hundred times after dumping the garbage on you. I stated oh so obviously.  I get snarky and then slowly realize what's wrong. It left my mouth agape.He gave me a weird look to say really you can guess about the past in fact you go through it to. I gave him a few minutes before he spoke. 

I can't stand it any more. HIs voice was already cracking. I hate life. I see no point of it. You clearly know why I am still alive. Its you. You kept me grounded but I hit my final straw. He started crying.

Lex. Alex Listen to me ALEXANDER. I know you snapped I can tell. You haven't slept in days except only 2 hours and 43 minutes. Don't ask me how I know I just do. Your voice is cracking and you are crying. Don't die on me or ill kill my self to and you know it. We made this pact for a reason. We are in this together. Two depressed suicidal fans of books. We both see no point in life yet the only reason we are alive is each other even though we never met in real life. We have been talking to each other on the internet for two years I think we can make another two. I ramble on trying to get him to stop.

Alex, we have to go see the twins play Basketball! I heard his moms sweet voice called. 

I am sorry riley I have to go the twins have-

ya I know basketball. Go I closed my eyes my voice so soft and going closer to a whisper. you should go and not ditch them. Afterall they are your brother and sister. I would do that for my siblings if I had any.

He nodded his head and turned of the computer. I just lay there thinking about life and all its meaning for the umpteenth time. No one believed me in real life that I was suicidal. I put up a facade no one knew. I just wish that I could make it by myself more. I sigh once again.

I close my laptop to see the words that cover it. It has all of my cards from cruises that my mom takes me on for her enjoyment. The one time I was on a first departure of a brand new ship in that fleet was there. 

I listen more to the light pitter patter of spring rain. Eventually going into a big downpour. Flooding the streets of Richmond. I wondered what the weather was like with lex in Atlanta, Georgia.  The dark pitch streets got darker if that was even possible.

I set down my laptop and snuggle the cat. oh speedy what are we going to do. I fell asleep to the sounds of the rain beating against the window the crackling fire, and a purring kittens warmth. The sleep was dreamless.

 A/N:This is not edited.