Finally A Rest (Or Not)

Start from the beginning

"That's exactly what I need" Emma says.

We all laugh and agree.

"Let's go our own ways, then we can meet back up at the cafe at 6:00" Rikki says.

"Ok!" 

So we head our own ways.

I decided to freshen up and go shopping.

It'll cheer me up. 

So I take a shower, fix my hair up, change, and off I go!

Cleo's POV

Being a mermaid can be fun. But there is so much to protect. Well just Mako Island and the moon pool and our powers and our tails. But that IS a lot!

I talked to Lewis and we decided to go on a date. Luckily he and Will were fine, considering what happened to Em.

Fun, right!

Wrong.

When Lewis came over he had his fishing gear.

"Lewis.." I said.

But then he pulled off his fishing outfit and underneath he had on a suit.

"You didn't think we were going fishing, did you?" he asks.

I laugh but don't respond to his question.

We went to a restaurant and later sat on the beach watching the sun set. This would be the best day since we got our mermaid abilities. Finally some time to forget about that, and actually think about other things!

Rikki's POV

I'm thinking I want to make some extra money but that wouldn't be fun! Real fun is sitting around doing nuthin!

I decide to head home and watch some TV.

Maybe add some popcorn with it.

As I head home, I feel that someone is following me. I turn around but no one was there.

"Strange" I whisper to myself. I turn around and keep on going. 

I then hear a snap, someone stepping on a twig.

"Come out!" I scream.

Nothing.

"I know your there" I say. "So stop following me!"

Silence.

Am I going nuts?

I creep to where I heard the twig snap and...no one was there.

Maybe I really do need to get away from this mermaid stuff.

I laughed and headed off.

Emma's POV

Lucas and I decided to hang out. Get to know each other more.

"So how long have you been a merman?" I ask.

"About 7 years" Lucas responds. "How long have you been a mermaid?"

I think for a second.

"Almost two years" I say.

Then he starts to look uncomfortable.

"Look, um I'm sorry about today..I-" he starts.

"Don't worry. Everything is fine now. And you aren't the only one who goes crazy" I say. "But has this ever happened to you before?"

"Twice, or so I think. I don't really remember much, kind of like this time" he says.

"Well something is connected. It was a Blue Moon. I think Lewis said it happens about every three years. And if you've been a merman for 7 years, it would make sense" I say. "How about we don't talk about this. It is our break time from it."

"Ok" he says. "Now where were we?" He starts to smile.

I look away, not wanting to talk about that kiss.

Bella's POV

"Best shopping EVER!!" I scream.

No one was around so, why not?

I bought two short dresses that were blue, a pair of flats, two shorts, one skirt, and three tops! 

I looked at the time and realized it was 5:40.

Ahh better drop my bags off by my house and sprint to the cafe.

"Hi, hi" I said to my family. "I gotta be somewhere so see you later!" 

"Wait!"

I turned around to find my parents looking at me.

"You're never here anymore, and last night you missed the Blue Moon!

"More like you missed it" I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, just that my friends and I had a great view of it!" I said.

My parents didn't look pleased but they just sighed and let me be.

It was 5:56 now so I rushed out.

Cleo's POV

Emma, Lucas, Rikki, Lewis and I were at a table at Rikki's Cafe waiting for Bella.

"Well she's about to be late!" Rikki declared. "Five, four, three, tw-"

"I'm here!" Bella said. "Sorry, am I late?"

"No" I say.

She sits down.

"Let's get something to drink" I say.

Everyone agrees so we order and a few minutes later they bring them out.

"Any one else fell like we should take more breaks from this stuff" Rikki asks.

"Yeah" Bella agrees. "It's awesome to have a tail and stuff but it gets so complicated."

"Yeah I-" I start but get interrupted by the television.

As many people have been wondering about the strange island, many think there is something magical about it. Tomorrow, a brilliant scientist is coming back to research about this island and give all of us who are wondering, some information about what happened. I'm also proud to announce that we have this amazing scientist here with us tonight! Put you hands together for Dr. Linda Denman!

"This isn't good" I say. "Who knows what she is going to do now?"

"Who's Dr. Linda Denman?" Bella asks.

"She threatened us when she found out we were mermaids. We tricked her into thinking we got rid of our powers. We have to be careful" Emma says.

"And we can't let her destroy Mako" I say. 

"We did it last time, how hard can it be to stop her again?" Rikki asks.

We all sat in silence, hoping someone would would agree.

"I don't know her, but we'll do whatever it takes to stop her! No on can beat us when were together!" Bella says.

"Then we better start preparing" Lewis said.

And right then, we start our battle plan. Or more like plans.

Thank you so much for reading this! I know it's a change from the Merman Stuff but I'll come back to it. In previous chapters I mentioned Dr. Denman and scientists. And I knew I would come back to it. Well here is the start of Stopping Dr. Denman! Hopefully it will last a few chapters because after that, I'm not really sure what to do. I don't want to finish this book yet, so if you have ANY ideas, please comment or send a message to me. Again thank you so much. I wouldn't keep writing without you readers!