String Art

I apologize in advance for posting such a horrendous fic okay bye

Gon woke up to Alluka shaking him softly, a finger to her lips. She was giggling, her eyes filled with excitement. Gon looked at her, obviously confused. He opened his mouth to ask her what was wrong, but she shook her head quickly and motioned Gon to follow him outside the room.

"Sorry, I didn't want big brother to wake up. Lets go to the kitchen, you know how much of a light sleeper he is." Gon smiled and nodded his head. They reached the island surrounded by stools and sat down. "So! Do you know what day it is tomorrow?"

"Tuesday?" Gon looked at her, head tilted a little to the side; a little habit when he was confused.

"Exactly! What's the date, then?"

"Uhm... I think it's July 6th today." Alluka nodded her head eagerly, and he realised that tomorrow must be an important day, since Alluka looked at him as if he should know something. "Is tomorrow an important day, or something?"

Alluka looked at him with exaggerated surprise written all over her face. "You seriously- oh my god, Gon. It's big brother's birthday tomorrow!" Gon looked at her, confusion flashing in his eyes before realisation and excitement.

"No way! I had no idea! I need to get Killua something!" He frowned a little. "Why didn't Killua tell me," he muttered, looking at Alluka again. "He never said anything, not even when we were traveling together."

"Big brother probably isn't used to it. He never really... celebrated it before." Gon nodded his head. Then he instantly brightened up.

"Then we will make this extra special for him!" Gon clapped his hands excitedly. "Do you know anything Killua would like as a birthday present? Other than chocolate, that's mandatory."

"I... I can't think of anything I hadn't already gotten for him? You know he doesn't really want things, that was kind of taken out of him." She shook her head sadly, then added slowly, "You know... I honestly think that you could make him something. He would love anything you make, Gon."

"Make him something? What could I make for Killua?" Alluka simply shrugged.

"As I said, anything from you would make him really happy. Just think of something he might need, I guess?" Gon looked up at the ceiling thoughtfully.

"Well, this isn't exactly something I can make, but Killua's been recently talking about how much Killua loves cats, so..." Alluka snorted.

"Big brother's practically a cat himself. We don't need another grumpy feline in this house."

Gon laughed. "Now that I think about it, I've always envisioned Killua as a cat-"

"Gon..?" A voice called from the hallway, making Gon jump out of his skin before he answered.

"Yea?" Killua walked into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes tiredly, fluffy hair all over the place and shirt hanging loosely around his frame.

"What are you doing, hmm?" He walked up and gave Alluka a kiss to the forehead before looking at Gon questioningly.

"Oh! Me and Alluka were just talking, Killua woke up so late we got bored!" Gon laughed a little, and if Killua noticed the nervous lilt to his voice, he didn't mention it.

"Ok... make me hot chocolate?" He looked at Alluka, and she smiled widely then nodded her head.

"Ok, big brother!" She scurried around the kitchen, leaving a slightly grumpy Killua and a thoughtful Gon to themselves.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Alluka, Killua! I'm heading out for a while," Gon called out, opening the door only to be stopped by Killua.