stick together

A shrill scream echoed through the town, birds flew quickly away from the forest where the piercing sound came from. A group of teenagers passing by halted and looked around frantically shaking, their knifes in hand,carrying on slowly forward as more screams broke the silence. The strong smell of dried blood and decaying bodies pevaded the air that was once fresh and skies that were once blue, now gray and foggy. The houses were now burned, collapsed or rotting away. Blood everywhere else had dried so the creatures hunted more people.

Felix and his group had to be careful, especially at night. They had already lost people;the abominations had either bitten them and let them turn, or ripped open their flesh, eating them as their own dead bodies were decaying.

"It's hard to believe that these....cannibals?...were once people." Announced Felix to his group as they saw one, slurping the fresh blood out of a young girls leg. She was still clutching on to a teddy which was now covered in blood. Emily felt a lump rise up her throat and she was sick. April rushed to her sisters aid and held her hair for her. The beastly creation was staring at them with cold, gray dead eyes, covered in blood with chunks of flesh between its teeth. It stood up slowly but immediately started sprinting towards the group. "RUN!!!" Shrieked April holding the kitchen knife in line with the monsters head.

She felt the crack of the skull splitting and the clotted blood poured down its face.

"YOU KILLED MY DAD!!!" Yelled David as he collapsed to the ground sobbing uncontrollably.

"He...he w.was alre...already d..dead" stuttered April trying to sound as calm as she could but her voice cracked and tears ran down her face.

"Y..you killed m...my da..dad," sobbed David. He picked up the knife and ran towards April "NOW I'LL KILL YOU!!" April dodged the knife but he managed to slice her wrist.

She screamed in pain and Felix luckily snatched the knife from David's hand.

There were loud moans coming from behind them and they slowly turned around. There was a whole pack of biters coming towards them quickly.

Everyone panicked and ran in different directions.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!?" Yelled Felix. April grasped his hand

"I love you..." And fainted. Her face was pale and she had lost a lot of blood.

"NO!" He pleaded and picked her up, her legs hanging over his right arm and her neck drooped back on his left. He ran as fast as he could away from the corpses to the end of the street. He didn't need to run any more. They were too busy eating David alive. He screamed in pain but didn't try to fight back. He just wanted to be with his dad.