5. Lies

"Adrian is acting weird," I said to Draco

"Adrian is acting weird," I said to Draco. His gaze switched from the green apple on his hand to me. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why's that?" He asked and bit his apple, making a noise.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not sure, we haven't been talking. It's like he's avoiding me"
I shifted in Draco's bed, now sitting criss-cross while the blond had his back rested against the headboard.

"I think he is hiding something from me," I added.

Draco chewed the apple on his mouth one more time before finally gulping it. "He's an idiot." He said.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Sounds rich coming from someone who is friends with Crabbe and Goyle." I harshly snapped, my protective side showing. He rolled his eyes and looked away.

My brother impatiently sighed and threw his hands in the air. "Then talk to him, Y/N! Merlin..." He said in an obvious tone. I nodded my head and got up from his bed, making my way towards his mirror.

"Yeah," I said while I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my clothes. "Tomorrow is our match against Ravenclaw and I want to make sure everything is perfectly fine"

"And you are going to do great, Y/N/N. I'm sure you'll catch the snitch." He confidently said and smiled at me. I glanced at him sending a smile back.

"I will go to the library to do homework and then I'll look for him." I approached the door of Draco's dorm.

He gave another bite on his apple. "Right now?" Draco asked with his mouth full. I nodded, already turning the knob of the door.

"I'll see you later." I uttered and blew him a kiss before quickly leaving his dorm, giving the blond no time to respond.

I closed the door behind me and made my way towards the library, passing by the Slytherin Common Room one more time. Our conversation made my mind race.  The last thing I was thinking about was the homework. Instead, I could only think of Adrian.

———————-

I closed my book, feeling a terrible throbbing headache. I rubbed my hand on my face and looked around. The library was very quiet, only a few students were there since it was quite late. I spent a couple of hours there studying and I could tell that the silence was driving me crazy.

I felt a weird feeling taking all over my body, which made me urge to get out of there and, once for all, talk to my best friend.

I took quick steps through the halls of Hogwarts, trying to get to the Common Room as soon as possible. The chance of finding Adrian in his dorm was very high.

My head was starting to fill with thoughts and for a moment, I stopped paying attention to what I was doing. I could only hear the sound of my shoes hitting the floor as my legs moved almost automatically.

When I realized, I was already in front of Adrian's door. A few seconds after I knocked the brunette showed with a small smile, almost like he was already waiting for someone. When he saw it was me, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Y/N, Hey! What are you doing here?" He said as we quickly hugged. I forced a small smile and he stepped to the side to give me space to enter his room.

"I wanted to talk to you" I calmly said as I put my bag on the floor, right next to an armchair. I sat there and waited for him to sit on his bed, which was in front of the armchair I previously took a seat in.

"About what, exactly?" He asked and eyed me, looking even more confused.

I blankly stared at him. "Why are you avoiding me?" I abruptly said.  He nervously laughed and broke our eye contact.

"What do you mean? I am not avoiding- "

"You know I'm not buying this," I cut him short and Adrian glanced back at me. "Adrian, is going on, really? We barely have been talking the past few weeks and every time we get the chance, you run away."

He opened his mouth but not even a word came from it. I got up and walked towards his bed, sitting next to him. Adrian only watched me.

I took his hand in mine. "Are you alright? Did I do something wrong?" I calmly asked him. The boy shook his head vigorously in response.

"No, no, no! For Merlin's sake, everything is alright! You did nothing wrong, Y/N." He said and squeezed my hand.

"Then why are you acting so weirdly?" I asked. The concern showing in my voice was very clear. "Don't you trust me?" His face softened.

"Of course I do. It's just... I've just been stressed, okay? I'm sorry." We stared at each other without saying anything.

"You promise?" I broke the silence and raised an eyebrow at him.

"I promise." He stated with a smile.

I put my arms around his neck as he put his on my waist. We hugged like we haven't seen each other in years. It felt good, actually; It was almost like all the problems we had disappeared.

But deep down, the feeling of something off never left.

(A/N: this conversation will be important to remember in a few chapters)