Chapter Two

Classes seemed to zoom by and Cas didn't even pay attention to them. His mind was occupied by Dean Winchester. Every moment they stood together walking through the school came flooding back to Cas and he remembered a specific moment-

"Why do you even want to help me?" Cas had shyly asked Dean.

"Because you seemed lost," Dean replied firmly.

"I get that, but ME. Of all the people you could be showing around and talking to, why me? I'm probably the least interesting person you'll meet this year" Cas said, slowly ducking his head down. Dean reached out and slowly tilted Cas's head to meet his gaze.

"Don't you dare talk bad about yourself. I may not know you very well, but I can tell when someone is feeling upset and you have no right to bring yourself down. I'm sure you're an amazing guy." Dean said, now starting to sound... sympathetic? Cas couldn't place a word to how he sounded, but all he knew was their faces were mere inches apart by now. Cas turned away and blushed, hoping Dean hadn't seen his cheeks fill with pink. He turned back and saw Dean writing something on a piece of paper. He put the paper in Cas's trench coat pocket and whispered to him.

"Don't look at that now." He said, sounding serious.

Snapping back into reality, Cas remembered that the note was still there, and he eagerly pulled it out of his coat. Right before he could open it and feel a small bit of Dean's presence again, the bell rang, and students rushed out of the classroom. At least I can go home now Cas thought as he shoved the note back into his pocket.  He walked back to his house in a rush, never stopping or looking back. He set his stuff down on his dresser and threw himself onto the bed, removing his shoes and trenchcoat after doing so. He reached into the pocket of his coat, which was now on the floor, and unfolded the note carefully. 

"maybe you could call me some time 293-555-7722" the note read. Cas stared at the small paper for a second and tried to process in his head what it meant. This can't be a real number, Cas thought. Why would anyone wanna talk to me?  He continued in his head, now starting to dial the number to see. It rang 4 times before a familiar voice answered, catching Cas by surprise.

"Hello?" Dean said from the other side, his voice giving Cas a feeling of warmth. Cas paused for a moment, unsure of what to say. 

"Hello, Dean," Cas said with a tone of nervousness. 

"Cas? Is that you?" Dean said. Cas smiled at hearing that nickname again. It had a good ring to it.

"Yeah, it's me," Cas replied, hearing a small sigh of relief from Dean. "I was just trying to see if this number worked, I didn't think you would-" Cas was cut off by a chuckle from Dean.

"I would never give you a fake number. Ya know, Cas, you- hold on" Dean's voice got farther from the phone, leaving Cas in confusion. He could just slightly hear the other conversation going on. 

"Who are you on the phone with?" He heard an unfamiliar voice say faintly. 

"It's Cas, and we're trying to talk, so stop bugging me, Sammy!" Dean said, now obviously yelling. 

"Cas? Isn't that the guy you told me about who you said was cute-" The voice, who Cas could infer was 'Sammy', said. Wait, Cas realized. Does Dean really think I'm cute? Cas thought, now more curious where this conversation would go. He heard Dean's voice again, now getting more defensive.

"Shut up, Sam! He could hear you!" 

"Okay, okay. Sorry." Sam said back.

There was a brief silence before Cas heard Dean speaking again.

"Sorry about that, just my brother being annoying," He said.

"It's fine" Cas replied, "I have a brother too... which you already know," he said upon the realization that Dean knew Gabe.

"Yeah, Cas, about that-" Dean started to say.

"No, it's fine. You don't have to explain anything." 

"But Cas, I really think you should know-" 

"No, Dean, I said it's fine. Could we just talk about something else?" Cas said, eager to change the subject,

"Okay then. If you insist." Dean said, sounding disappointed. Whatever Dean was going to say, Cas didn't want to hear it. He just wanted to keep Gabe out of this thing he had with Dean. 

Admiring You | Destiel AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें